“Animals are up close!!”
Review of ABQ BioPark Zoo

ABQ BioPark Zoo
Ranked #8 of 224 things to do in Albuquerque
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We are from Colorado and try to visit any zoo in the town we are visiting! This is one of the best zoos. Everything is really close up and we went when the State Fair was going on so we basically had the entire zoo to ourselves!! The only thing we did not like was it is very spread out a little confusing to get around. We could not find a map so were unsure if we had seen everything. but the exhibits were nice and seemed pretty spacious and well maintained!

There are newer reviews for ABQ BioPark Zoo

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nice zoo but getting expensive due to poor management. They spend out the budget to expand and the maintenance suffers. Smells strongly of urine and fecal materials. not well kept.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I love it there it's always my first pick I like the animals there what I don't like is that there's allways long lines for food

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My family and I drove three and a half hours to come visit the zoo and because we were not aware that in order to see the aquarium side of the zoo you had to be here before 12 PM & also purchase combo tickets. We were under the assumption that you walked all throughout the zoo in order to see the aquarium so when we stopped to ask to see where the aquarium was at we were told that we had to purchase the tickets to ride the train to get there & that we had to have purchased them before 12. So, we went to the front to ask if we could possibly purchase them still since we are from out of town & we were told no, and that we should have looked online to know about all of these rules. HOW HAVE WE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN TO LOOK ONLINE TO EVEN KNOW TO LOOK FOR THESE RULES? ! This is ridiculous & outrageous! Will NEVER be back because of the rude & non customer friendly service from the employees!!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We bought the tickets that included access to the Aquarium and gardens, as well as the train ride between them. The zoo was pretty decent for a town of this size. They had a good mix of big animals and smaller ones. The kids enjoyed the interactive displays the volunteers staffed. They got to play forensic scientist, digging through eagle poop! The zoo is fairly well laid out and we saw quite a few of the animals, even though it was a bit hot. I was impressed with their collection of snakes. They had a good number of deadly snakes. The lions and tigers were also impressive. The park has two trains - one internal to the zoo, and the other which shuttles you to the Aquarium. Both trains are painfully slow. The train to the aquarium had a long wait. The internal train takes 30 minutes to go through part of the zoo. It is a nice sitting break for the parents and some of the zoo info they give is interesting, but I wouldn't do it again. My complaints are few. The zoo seemed to be under-staffed in many areas, with many of the concession areas shuttered. For the money it was a good value and an enjoyable day.

Been to ABQ BioPark Zoo? Share your experiences!