“Roaches”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The city health dept. cited India Palace for a number of infractions including roaches in prep areas and on the buffet. Stored food was not dated properly, food was not at proper temperature and employees did not wash hands after handling dirty plates before handling clean ones

3  Thank Liz R
There are newer reviews for India Palace

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Five stars for the food and drink. My husband and I went recently; he got the Chicken Saagwala and I got the Chicken Korma. Both were absolutely delicious!! So was the Naan (I requested "light garlic" because the regular "garlic" can be a bit on the heavy-handed side). Also they were very generous with the wine - my wine glass was so full I had to sip at it without picking it up in order to avoid spilling. Prices are reasonable. Service was good.

I disagree with the previous reviewer who complained about the smell. I love the exotic scent of Indian spices when you enter, it's very pleasant and makes the place seem more authentic and attractive.

Overall my rating is a bit lower for atmosphere.The new owners put up new curtains which are nice but overall the place is a bit shabby. It'd be great to have new carpet, or (better yet!!) smooth floors. Also having pothos vines draped around the top of the walls near the ceiling can be a very good decorating technique; it worked great for the last owners who kept the plants very healthy. The new owners aren't doing such a good job, and it's depressing to eat while you are looking at plants that are dry, bare of leaves, and seem close to death. Gives a bad impression of the food in spite of the fact that the food is great.

New owners should redo the floors and invest in new, healthy plants and a professional plant caretaker. But also, I hope they stay the course with their delicious food and healthy servings of wine.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was the first place we ate in Albuquerque. What were we thinking!
Well, we don't get to an Indian restaurant very often, so we had our hopes up.
There were very few in the restaurant, two or three other tables. We couldn't decide what we wanted so settled on an Indian feast for two. A lot of food came our way. The bread was good.
Actually nothing was bad, but nothing stood out as especially good. We waddled out of there with enough left overs for me to make lunch on at the hotel the next two days.
Service was friendly, in a reserved Indian way, but service was slow especially given how few customers were there.
We'll be going back to Albuquerque in a few weeks, but not to the India Palace.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We pride ourselves on being uber picky about indian food and this is one of our favorites.

Buffets can usually make you skeptical, but prepare to be pleasantly surprised by great service and great food.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

For starters the place is a bit run down, the food is mediocre. I usually end up going for lunch and it always seems like maybe the food was prepared too early for the lunch buffet. Not one of the better Indian restaurants in town, but its not bad.