“Very Mediocre - Used to be Great”
Review of Taco Sal

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taco Sal
Ranked #1,050 of 1,781 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Very Mediocre - Used to be Great”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Under the last management, the food was wonderful. Under this present management, the quality has gone downhill and going fast. Last time we had lunch there, the salsa (accompanying the chips at the beginning of lunch) was so watered down. The lunch, itself, was average - nothing noteworthy. The service was good,but then again - we were two of five patrons. We presented a Groupon coupon and indicated there was a misunderstanding; therefore, would not honor it. I sure hate seeing a once great restaurant go under.

• Visited February 2012

Edison, New Jersey
“Great Sopaipilla's”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

While visiting our Son in ABQ we all got together for a day of traveling around ABQ looking at locations where the TV Show “Breaking Bad” were filmed, and one of the locations was Taco Sal’s on Menaul Blvd.
Taco’s Sal’s is located in a Strip Mall, then again what in ABQ isn’t.
Taco Sal’s has an Open Kitchen so you can pretty much see your meal being prepared.
My Wife had a Burrito Platter, my Son had Huveos Rancheros and I had the Stuffed Sopaipilla Plate.
We also had Sopaipilla’s for the table, for those that have never had a Sopaipilla, it is Fried Tortilla dough that puffs up like a little pillow and you drizzle honey over, it puts out the fire of hot Chile’s.
Taco Sal’s had what I think are the best Sopaipilla that I have had in New Mexico.
The food was good the service very friendly.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Michael W
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Way over priced for mexican food!! Very dissapointed!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My wife and I took my mother out to dinner and what a dissapointment !! we did NOT!!! like this place at all, for what they charge you, you can definetly fine better food any where else, my wife and i shared a plate, ( A combo Plate for $ 9.95) and they added $1.50 for a plate we didn't even use, then we asked for a little bit of sour cream, well that was an other $ 1.25 On the way out the owner lady asked me how was everything? and I replied with "NO COMMENT" she didn't care she just took my money and game me back my change. Any way save you money and avoid this old over priced place and just go to taco bell you'll be glad you did. The Estradas albq, nm

• Visited August 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Loved it”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

What a great local place. They greet you when you walk in, and right away get you seated and drink order. Soon after a basket of salsa and warm chips. They were so good.. I love my chips warm. The food was incredible, I had chicken enchiladas with green chile, so tasty with a nice spice. We were give a large basket of sopipillas, they were so good. I actually had one for dessert. For the price what a great place. I will tell everyone and we will be back here. .

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Jani31350
Albuquerque
“Good standby...”
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Not a bad stop, but there are better places in the area. The chips and salsa are really good and one of my favorites. The sopapillas are good too. I have been going there intermittently for the last ten years & the last time we went (about 6 months ago) the service had declined dramatically. The waitresses used to be friendly & helpful. This last time we got our appetizer after our main order & it was just not as good as it used to be.

2 Thank A_J_GAN