“Love this place”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I always order the same thing but when you find a good thing you just have to do it.

Love the Southwest Chicken Salad. They truly know how to make a salad a main course. Their salads are huge! The pizza is perfect - generous portions.

Service always good.

2  Thank AlbuquerqueRealtor
There are newer reviews for Scarpas

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had a veggie pizza here, and I thought it was wonderful. There were many different types of vegetables on the pizza, and it was delicious. I really think it's one of the best pizzas I've had. Looking forward to going back to ABQ to visit Scarpas again!

1  Thank Batgirl77_13
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had a great salad here as did my friends. We each had different salads, each was praised for the flavor. The portions were quite large, so you won't go hungry eating a salad here. Service was pretty quick considering that the place was very full. (We had lunch there.) All at pretty reasonable price.

1  Thank abqactor
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently went to Scarpas with a group of friends. There were nine of us. We ordered several pizzas and salads. After dinner, a few of my friends ordered dessert. Parking was tough. The parking lot must be shared with another business because once I walked into the restaurant, I could easily see that there were more cars in the parking lot than people in the restaurant.

At times, our server seemed too busy to attend to us within a reasonable time frame. She was friendly which somewhat made up for us having to wait to order, wait longer than average for our sodas and water, wait longer than average for extra napkins etc. My friends who ordered dessert waited a very long time for our server to return to the table. We were actively looking for her. She was missing.

When the food arrived, the pizza was cold. On a few of the pizzas, the crust was burned black (like charcoal). I love well-done pizza but this was not edible. Instead of complaining, we ate around the burned parts or ate the toppings and left the crust. Part of this decision was based on our fear that mentioning the burned pizza to our server would significantly delay dinner and hinder the time sensitive plans we made directly following dinner. We planned more than enough time for a relaxing dinner and socializing but it took quite a while for our sever to arrive at the table and take our drink order; it took quite a while for her to return with our drinks; it took quite a while for our server to take our order; it took quite a while for our food to be served. We were running out of time even before our food arrived at the table.

I normally love dessert. When the desserts arrived, I wasn't tempted. They looked soggy and sloppy. The presentation was horrible. The person who made the desserts and put them on the plates showed NO pride in a job well done. My friends who ordered dessert offered me a portion of theirs; it was EASY to say no. Apparently it was easy for them to resist too; none of the four ate much of their desserts.

I noticed a few of us had empty water and soda glasses. During our visit, this was a recurring theme. Personally, I was very thirsty. I was foolish enough to try and eat the burned crust. I really needed some water.

It may be possible that we went to Scarpas on a bad night. I don't know. I may give them one more chance. My three star rating is generous. I liked the atmosphere far more than I liked the food or the service. I left Scarpas hungry and a little stressed. A great atmosphere can only go so far; we went there to eat- not to soak of the atmosphere. If you go, good luck. I would suggest going when you have the time to call attention to burned or unsatisfactory food without the fear of being late for whatever you having going on after your meal.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've had the pizza and the pasta, but the The Torta di Mele is the reason to come. The Chicken Carbonera was good - a very large helping. The pizzas are too large for one person, but not quite enough for 2 hungry folk. But the Torta di Mele is something I've never had, nor can adeuqately describe. It involves a puff pastry, baked apples, Mocha (or cinnamon) ice cream, whipped cream, all drizzled with caramel sauce. And it's big enough for two or three to share. Especially if you've eaten a huge plate of pasta. Wait time is marginal. Give it a try and get the dessert.