“Very Good Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown
Ranked #23 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed for the second time in this hotel recently. It was very clean and appeared to be updated with fresh decor. The check-in staff was friendly. The breakfast wasn't expansive but still pleasing. We found this hotel conveniently located, centrally, and certainly conveniently close to I-25, which was handy, as we covered the city. The only down side: the dogs in the hotel can sometimes make noise (we were awakened one morning to a very loud whimpering pup). If you need a pet-friendly stay, this is it. If you don't like pets, this could be a challenge. I was pleased, however, that the hotel did not reek of dog smell at all. We enjoyed the indoor pool & jacuzzi while there, too, which were clean and small but still very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The service here was great and the rooms were wonderful. I loved the enclosed courtyards to dogs could stretch their legs in. The breakfast was phenomenal and had everything from fresh fruit to waffles to hard boiled eggs to biscuits and gravy. The area was a bit industrial and not scenic, but it was fine for a quick overnight.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is very nice for a La Quinta. It ranks very high in quality, staff, etc. Great breakfast bar, excellent pet facilities. Gym and pool are all great. The rooms are very modern and restful.

I had a bad experience though. My car was broken into. Several items stolen. Unfortunately, another car was broken into that night as well.

The area is not the best. Surrounded by warehouses and commercial businesses.

The responding police officer inferred that this occurs frequently at this La Quinta. I parked my vehicle on the first row. You can't get closer to the hotel. After my rear passenger glass was broken, I looked around and couldn't see any security cameras in the parking lot. Maybe they were there. But if they were, didn't do any good.

Hotel knew what happened. No one came to me and apologized or offered any help. No one offered any room consideration on price. That disappointed me.

Anyway, great hotel... not so great security.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Hydrok
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very nice property with big rooms. Two queen beds with a pull out sofa was perfect for our family of six and one dog. Some pet friendly hotels are run down because of the animals, but this place is in excellent conditions. Really enjoyed that it is close to the freeway. Staff is friendly and hot breakfast is always appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I was very favorably impressed with the La Quinta on Menaul in Albuquerque. It was clean and comfortable, and the staff was friendly and made my stay a great one. I noticed a person who was having difficulty with his reservations had the staff working very hard to resolve his problem in a very professional and kind way. I was impressed!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is the best choice of hotel to stay in Albuquerque, NM. The Staff is always friendly, efficient, and always happy to see you. They truly know that you have many choices of places to stay, and they are always welcoming and happy you chose to stay with them. They do not take your business for granted like many of the other hotels in Albuquerque or other cities for that matter. The property is very well maintained. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. This place knows what the true meaning of hospitality is all about!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We enjoyed our stay. The motel was clean, the personnel we friendly, and the night clerk helped us find places to eat. The location was perfect for our needs. Parking was plentiful. The breakfast was better than usual.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Julie A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for your review. You are right about our location in that we are 10 minutes from just about anywhere you might want to go here in Albuquerque. Having both I-25 and I-40 just outside our day makes it very convenient. I hope you stay with us again soon. We look forward to taking care of you and your family each time you're here. We look forward to seeing you again!