“An enjoyable stay”

Ranked #21 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Arvada, Colorado
“An enjoyable stay”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in town for an Irish dancing competition and we always try to find a good nearby hotel. This one fit the bill. Reasonable price, comfortable room, conveniently located. There was a bit of construction on the entrance road, but it was quite easy to go around that and get in and out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DorasCuilTravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I don't always select La Quinta as I have experienced some less than desirable properties. This La Quinta, however, is very very nice. One of the best parts about this hotel is the service and the attitude toward the traveler. They are extremely NICE people. Rooms are large and very clean. Working space for the business traveler is great. Last but not least, the breakfast is unusually large for this type of hotel.....really a breakfast buffet - certainly not a continental breakfast. Property is pet friendly, even providing a doggy potty area and pooper scoopers. I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: I prefer lower floor, but it really doesn't matter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NMGIRL78
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I, plus our two children, stayed here in the King Suite w/ Jetted Tub from March 25th through March 28th 2013. When we arrived we discovered that the hotel was under renovations and in fact there was work being done right outside our room door. The noise from renovations was not too distracting and did end around 5P.M. each day, I do however feel that a hotel should post on their web page when they are undergoing renovations, it would be a nice notice before finding out at check-in. The staff was friendly and explained every facet of the hotel to us at check in, there were fresh baked cookies at the front desk every day we were there, of course they were there in the afternoon around check in time. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was a little less than par when compared to other La Quinta hotels I have stayed at in the past, I don't know if this has to do with the pet friendly nature of the hotel. The front desk clerk said they were getting their first renovation in the 8 years they had been open and the carpet really showed the fact. The room was clean enough, though our children found some cheerios in the fold out sofa sleeper. The television in the bedroom of the suite was an lcd tv but the one in the sitting room was an old CRT television, it still served its purpose but took up a lot of space. There were a few holes in the shower curtain but the jetted tub was nice and worked fine. The cleaning staff did a great job every day we were there and were very friendly. One major concern was that there was only one elevator and any time anyone, including my 7 year old daughter, stepped in it would sink down a few inches, didn't give me a real sense of security. The complimentary breakfast was nice, standard La Quinta fair, with a waffle maker, eggs, sausage, bagels, cereal, juice, coffe, etc. Parking is abundant and there is a Villiage Inn located in the same parking area as the hotel. The pool was nice, but it appeared as if it hadn't been cleaned in a day or two. The courtyard for pets was a nice feature if you are traveling with animals though it would be nice if more pet owners cleaned up after their pets, there was feces all over the courtyard even though there were plenty of cleanup bags supplied by the hotel in the courtyard. All in all this was a nice hotel and if the price was right I would consider it again, though I think I will try out a different place the next time we are in Albuquerque.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 31, 2013

wonderful facilities, great pool, pet friendly
I stay here every year and have for the past five years.
My reservations have always been accurate. When the check inline was busy, I was allowed quick access because I had a reservation and was a frequent guest. Paperwork was done later in my room as a courtesy to me.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Arlington, TX
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel used to be $69 a night and it was Good. Now it is $119 and it sucks. Dirty glasses, worn carpet, internet doesn't work (most of the time) at the end of the hallways, very disappointing customer service (told me that I was wrong about the internet and to call some 800 number if I didn't like it) and generally lousy doors and walls that let in every cough, fart and sexual noise.
Seriously this used to be a fantastic place and i've reviewed it previously as a quality hotel and i've stayed here the last 5 years on my way to/from Colorado but this experience was tremendously horrible and when I expressed concern I was dismissed. The Director of this hotel called me to tell me that she was able to get internet outside my room...and she was correct. Problem was...I was in my room.
Please stay at one of the other La Quintas in ABQ and pay $40 less than this hotel. Location is good. The rest is awful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Deborah C, Director of Operations at La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Smiths101

Thank you for your comments and concerns. We sincerely apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. I can assure you that your internet issues were taken very seriously. Our team gave you the 800 number because that team was the best resource to assist with getting your kindle connected properly to the internet. When my front office manager told me that was not an option for you is when I offered to go upstairs and see if the signal was reaching that end of the hallway. Once you called and confirmed you were able to sign on, we thought your issues had been corrected. We were not aware of the any of the other issues you encountered however we apologize again we did not meet your expectations.

As you know from your recent stay our location is under renovation from the inside out. We are just in the starting stages but I am sure you will be pleased when we are finished. Please call me directly so we can agree on a solution to make you happy in regards to you last stay.

We value you as a customer and want you to continue to use La Quinta Inn and Suites and our location as your lodging choice.

Best Regards
Deborah Castillo
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Julie was the nicest and even offered delicious cookies fresh out the oven when we arrived.good. breakfast. Good breakfast options nice Jacuzzi and gym would definitely recommend anyone visiting to stay there nice backyard

• Stayed March 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is WAY overpriced!!!!!!! We paid a rate of $119 (BEFORE state and city taxes were added on) for: paper thin walls that made us privy to the conversations of the guests in the next room, yellowed water damage and stains in the bathroom, one TINY elevator that would barely hold two people and luggage. Windows overlooking an industrial area. And, at 9 a.m. on a Sunday morning, a woman from housekeeping carrying only a clipboard -- no cleaning supplies -- went down the corridor knocking on every single door and repeating over and over, "Housekeeping."

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family