New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown

La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown
Ranked #21 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Arlington, TX
“5th Stay...and the WORST”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel used to be $69 a night and it was Good. Now it is $119 and it sucks. Dirty glasses, worn carpet, internet doesn't work (most of the time) at the end of the hallways, very disappointing customer service (told me that I was wrong about the internet and to call some 800 number if I didn't like it) and generally lousy doors and walls that let in every cough, fart and sexual noise.
Seriously this used to be a fantastic place and i've reviewed it previously as a quality hotel and i've stayed here the last 5 years on my way to/from Colorado but this experience was tremendously horrible and when I expressed concern I was dismissed. The Director of this hotel called me to tell me that she was able to get internet outside my room...and she was correct. Problem was...I was in my room.
Please stay at one of the other La Quintas in ABQ and pay $40 less than this hotel. Location is good. The rest is awful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Deborah C, Director of Operations at La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Smiths101

Thank you for your comments and concerns. We sincerely apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. I can assure you that your internet issues were taken very seriously. Our team gave you the 800 number because that team was the best resource to assist with getting your kindle connected properly to the internet. When my front office manager told me that was not an option for you is when I offered to go upstairs and see if the signal was reaching that end of the hallway. Once you called and confirmed you were able to sign on, we thought your issues had been corrected. We were not aware of the any of the other issues you encountered however we apologize again we did not meet your expectations.

As you know from your recent stay our location is under renovation from the inside out. We are just in the starting stages but I am sure you will be pleased when we are finished. Please call me directly so we can agree on a solution to make you happy in regards to you last stay.

We value you as a customer and want you to continue to use La Quinta Inn and Suites and our location as your lodging choice.

Best Regards
Deborah Castillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Julie was the nicest and even offered delicious cookies fresh out the oven when we arrived.good. breakfast. Good breakfast options nice Jacuzzi and gym would definitely recommend anyone visiting to stay there nice backyard

• Stayed March 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is WAY overpriced!!!!!!! We paid a rate of $119 (BEFORE state and city taxes were added on) for: paper thin walls that made us privy to the conversations of the guests in the next room, yellowed water damage and stains in the bathroom, one TINY elevator that would barely hold two people and luggage. Windows overlooking an industrial area. And, at 9 a.m. on a Sunday morning, a woman from housekeeping carrying only a clipboard -- no cleaning supplies -- went down the corridor knocking on every single door and repeating over and over, "Housekeeping."

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I could not be more pleased with my stay at the La Quinta Inn in Albuquerque Midtown. It is spotlessly clean, incredibly friendly staff( especially the manager-Julie!!) , has thick towels -best anywhere! And has a wonderful courtyard for dogs to run and roam off leash safely and play in which is just great after a long day of travel. I absolutely love this hotel! The manager, Julie, is so incredibly welcoming and friendly and helpful and goes out of her way to help her guests. I was treated as if I was family by her.What a treat!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Henderson, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We picked this hotel at the last minute due to an emergency trip and were able to get in right away. Had read the reviews and it was even better than expected. Fresh cookies upon check in and awesome hot breakfast. Staff all very friendly and fast. Room was larger and nicer than expected. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JimandCheri H
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I love this hotel chain because they are pet friendly but this was one of the nicest in the chain. The beds were pillow top and very comfortable. The rooms were oversized with sleeper sofas and very quiet. There was a fenced grassy area for a leash free dog park that was wonderful. The staff were friendly and recommended an excellent restaurant for dinner. I love that black out curtains, wall mounted thermostat, and room design so that hall lights are not on the beds. A five star experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple