When we called manager Dee Butler only hours before our arrival, we did not know that the La Quinta Inn & Suites at Albuquerque Midtown had been awarded a certificate of excellence by tripadvisor. Nor did we know the place was pet friendly. To our delight, we found both descriptors to be spot on. Our conversation with Dee went well and she found us adjoining rooms on the third floor with a partial view of Albuquerque's beloved Sandia Mountains. Our arrival was handled quickly and efficiently and we found our rooms to be clean, modern, and filled with amenities. Not the least of those amenities was easy access to power for our various electronic devices.
A parade of dogs and their owners streamed past us in the lobby as evening walking time got under way. Although the location is central/business/industrial, much of the clientel is clearly attracted by the pet policy. Since one of our party has pet allergies, we asked if there were non-pet rooms. The clerk said there were not, but the hotel staff chemically cleaned the rooms after their pet visitors departed to ensure they were allergen-free. In our case at least, the visit proved to be without allergy incident.
Where there are dogs (few cats are travelers, we are told) there are often children and that proved to be the case on our holiday visit. We suspect the clientel is more business oriented during the non-holiday weekday periods. We saw plenty of dogs and children at the bright and open hot breakfast area, as owners streamed through the dining room to an enclosed patio and walking area on the north side of the hotel. Although we are not currently pet owners, we enjoyed the procession and seeing a lot of well-cared-for animals. Our group judged the breakfast offerings above average in variety and quality.
Although it is the most expensive of the area's La Quinta Inns, we found it a good value and look forward to staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An all-suites hotel with an indoor pool and hot tub, full hot buffet style breakfast in the morning, and an enclosed grass courtyard with barbecue for families and pets to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Albuquerque-Midtown
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque-Midtown Hotel Albuquerque
- La Quinta Albuquerque
- Albuquerque La Quinta