“I love La Quinta”

Ranked #22 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Cedar City, Utah
“I love La Quinta”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Very nice hotel. Quiet. Clean. Super dog friendly, and they don't charge for them. Good light breakfast. Close to the I-40.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Atlanta GA
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This seven year old property looks brand new. We had a big room on the ground floor near the outside exit which was really convenient with our dog. The hotel also had a nice, fenced grassy area for walking dogs. We often stay at LaQuinta because of their pet policy but would stay at this location again even if traveling without the dog!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This would be a 4 or 5 rated property for people with dogs that like to bark and howl late at night and through the early morning hours. It is clean, mostly nice staff members, decent breakfast included, and an excellent location. BUT....We stayed 2 nights. First night around 1 AM we were awakened by a dog barking in the hotel. It barked a few minutes and then stopped for a few minutes, barked, stopped, barked, stopped. I told myself I'd call the front desk if it started barking again. We went back to sleep. Woke us up again sround 3:30 AM, bark-stop-bark-stop. After that it didn't bark the rest of the night, so I didn't call the front desk.

Second night we went to bed around 10 as we had to wake up around 5 AM to get to the airport. 11 PM--bark, bark, bark---and a second dog joined in with bark, howl, bark, howl. They stopped, but we were already wide awake. Eventually we got back to sleep. 2 AM--bark, bark, howl, bark, howl, etc. I called the front desk and told the clerk. His response was "Well, siiiiiirrrrrr, we are a 100% pet-friendly establishment." I replied that it's too bad you aren't a human friendly establishment, especially since pets don't pay for the rooms. He replied, "Well, all I could do is talk go to the owner's rooms and talk to them." I said, "Yes, please do." He answered, "But it's 2 in the morning!" I said, "If they aren't already awake they should be since their pets have awakened the rest of the people on this floor."

About 10 minutes later the dogs stopped barking and we heard the sounds of someone walking their dog towards the elevator with chains and dog tags jangling. We got back to sleep around 2:45.

4 AM--bark, bark, bark, bark. We didn't bother to call the front desk, we just dragged ourselves out of bed and started getting ready to go to the airport.

So from now on I will ask: 1. Do you allow dogs in your hotel? 2. If so, are they in a separate area of the hotel so we can get a room where we won't be disturbed by their barking?

We never experienced this before in 40 years of travel. Though we did once have a dog take a dump next to our table in a pet-friendly Parisian restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a room in a part of the hotel with no pets.
10 Thank RufusTFirefly
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Traveling cross country with three kids in tow is usually a recipe for a grumpy, impossible-to-please mom. This hotel was a haven. The room was spacious, quiet, clean and cozy. The pool was just right for kids who needed to work out the "willies" from having been cooped up in a van all day. Breakfast was da bomb with yummy eggs (gotta learn their secret) fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy... I could go on. On top of that, the employees were super-friendly, making it feel more like a B & B than an impersonal hotel. My only wish was that we hadn't been in such a rush and could have stayed longer. BTW, the desk workers suggested the little restaurant across the street for dinner. (former Denney's building, excellent food, fun decor, awesome service, family owned--thanks service desk tech Steven!) Another homerun! We'll be back on our way home! Oh, and did I add that it was super-moderately-priced! Yeah, baby!

Room Tip: I usually protest when our room is close to the elevator, but this was not a problem. We never notic...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mgk90
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Was a little concerned when I read the reviews that stated concerns about the neighborhood. I was pleasantly surprised and had no concerns. The room was large, fridge & microwave, everything worked fine. Indoor pool/whirlpool in case it rained at night - which it threatened but never did. Nice workout equipment & TV in fitness room. Great breakfast with hot items every day. No sound issues. Very clean. Staff pleasant and helpful. When I couldn't get the printer to work in business office, they let me print boarding pass at the desk. I have found my go-to hotel for my quarterly business trips to Albuquerque. I have recently begun trying LaQuintas after years of Hamptons & Holiday Inn expresses due to location. This is the NICEST LaQuinta I've been in, and the others weren't too bad. I also had no trouble with the internet connection after I found the one of several that worked best on my laptop - hint, don't go by how many bars are showing.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank donnaesca
Upland, California
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on the way from CA to TX to visit family, and we were really pleased. The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious for our family of 5, and the dogs loved to run around in the secure pet area after their long day cooped up in the van. Folks at the desk were friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again next time we're in Albuquerque--I just hope we get there early enough to enjoy the pool next time!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed here 6/23 driving from Austin to Portland, moving some personal belongings after finalizing my father's estate & relocating to Portland. Very clean facility, outstanding service - fresh cookies, great breakfast, nice pet facilities. What was above & beyond was Julie, who went above & beyond the call of duty after my truck was broken into at a service station shortly after I left the hotel / in a rough part of town by the truck stops. I'd cracked the windows for my dog, locked the truck and went in to the station to get water for my dog (long drive planned today) - under 5 min total time in-store. A thief managed to wriggle his arm into the truck & unlock it - stole items from my truck incl. cell phone. I came out, found the truck door open / no phone inside the console & knew I was hit. Went back to LQ on Menaul and Julie immediately helped me contact AT&T to brick my phone, change all passwords, locate an Apple store to get a new one, and fed/watered/walked my dog at the hotel so I wouldn't have to crack windows while provisioning my phone (which took 6 hrs...) After I returned with a phone, she offered a second night's stay since it was obvious I was in no shape to drive. Also provided me with Dine/Delivery options. GENUINELY kind person (she'd been a police officer 25 yrs prior) & immediately knew what an ordeal it would be. I'm a LQ loyalist thanks to her kindness and support through a very tough situation. Great hotel; outstanding people.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo