“Very good service.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
United States
“Very good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

We live in ABQ but stayed at the hotel to make it easier to attend the wedding held there. Our party ranged from toddlers to seniors. Because there were so many room reservations there were inevitably a few snags, but every one was resolved to the satisfation of the guest. There was never a wait for check in. The hotel is very nice. The breakfast & managers reception were very good, although only chips & salsa were offered gratis. Any minor (we had no major problems) problem was corrected within minutes. Tabitha, the event coordinator, made sure everything went smoothly for the wedding. The food was good & the servers were unobtrusive & very cooperative. The only glaring failure is the horrible garish carpet in the room used for the wedding/meal/dance. I suppose it has to be that way to keep people attending a meeting there awake. The atrium is lovely. A few quibbles: luggage carts are locked up so they are hard to get, even as a smoker, their smoking room smelled really bad. If your room key-card is next to your cell phone when you get a call or text, it uncodes your key & you have to get it re-coded at the front desk. There were no kitchen utensils at all, not much of a kitchen and the water was $4 a bottle. Oh, our room was too hot and the bed too soft,

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

I recently made reservations at this hotel and was turned away the day of my arrival. I was told that they would have to move me to a diiferent, but comparable hotel. The hotel that they considered comparable didn't have a fridge or microwave in the room, no managers reception, no spa and the elevators were slow and dirty. The "comparable" room did however come fully equipped with MOTHS. The first couple nights I spent only had one moth. It hung out on the ceiling so I let it go. The last night though there were about ten.....I ended up switching rooms. The Embassy Suites overbooked the rooms and I had to suffer, eventhough I made the reservations months in advance. I was really looking forward to staying. I love the Embassy Suites brand since they have everything you could possably want and more. I am now very disapointed with them and it will take quite some time before I can put my trust in them.

Stayed May 2010
1 Thank HGIemployee
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

We paid $209 per night to stay in this place, only because Hotel Andaluz was booked. Embassy was the next choice because it was where the conference we attended was held. Everything in the place was cheap--from the shower head that sporadically shot water at you to the towels to the bottled water that tasted bad to the sloped bed. For the price, Embassy thinks very highly of itself--it's a terrible value.

I will say that their fitness facility was good.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

The Embassy Suites is apparently a fairly new hotel, about 2 or 3 years old. It is lovely to look at and the lobby is one of the nicest I've seen at an Embassy Suites. The hotel appeared to be quite clean - from top to bottom. My problems became apparent as I tried to use the Fitness Center, the business center, and my hair dryer. I am someone who must use a Fitness Center so it is an important feature for me when booking a hotel. I arrived to find 2 old treadmills, 2 elliptical machines, and a bike. One of the treadmills had a sign on it saying it was partially broken. However, I could not get it to work at all. One of the elliptical machines wouldn't work at all, either. The other machines were being used by guests so I was out of luck. I requested assistance in the Fitness Center but after waiting several minutes, I finally gave up. This is too large of a hotel for such a shabby, small fitness room. The treadmills were cheap and AWFUL! The low quality was apparent from the moment I stepped on. The computer in the business center was very slow. It also froze up and could not be re-booted. I finally gave up and left. On the morning I left, I washed my hair only to discover that the hair dryer did not work. I tried everything - re-plugging, "test" button, "re-set" button. Nothing worked. I checked out and told the front desk staff about the problem but received not so much as an apology. I was simply told they would make a note of the problem. I left on a chilly morning and attending my meeting with wet hair. Needless to say, I did not leave the hotel with a favorable impression. On the plus side - the bed was comfy and the location was convenient to downtown although not much in the way of restaurants, etc. in the immediate area surrounding the property. The breakfast was OK but the woman who cooked the omelets to order was fantastic. She was very cheerful and accomodating - the only bright spot to an otherwise dreary stay. Although this is a lovely hotel in appearance, I would skip it next time in favor of a hotel with a few good cardio machines in the fitness center.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank lisajanetx
Roanoke, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

Hotel is very nice. We had a corner King Suite and it was roomy and nice and clean. We were on the second floor and the veiw was awful of the roof and freeway. So do not ask for second floor corner King Suite. Breakfast was great chef for cooked to order was always pleasant and made breakfast a wonerful experience when trying to please young children. Only complaint is that we did not receive the USA today in the morning and when we asked the front desk we were told each day that we would recieve it the next day. Great location and access to highway 25. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

My husband and our children planned a much needed getaway and booked a room at what we had hoped would be a very nice hotel. However, upon our arrival the hotel was packed. There were people all over the lovely fountain, flooding the hallways, elevators, and pool. We figured this horrific site would disappear once we arrived to our room, but No! Once in our room the beds were not made, there were "foreign" stains on the exterior sheet, along with pen marks, and less than desirable left over bodily artifacts. It was SICK! I called immediately and was moved to another room, which was just as bad. Exhausted with the struggle after taking a long drive to Albuquerque, we decided to deal with it. I am sure we would have been better off at the Hyatt. I will NEVER stay here again, they lost my business, which is a big loss because I am a business traveler. SO stay away if you want a clean place to stay!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank TravelRN2010
Socorro, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I admit, I'm a Hilton Honors snob. I like to pamper myself once in a while in certain cities and stay at an ES for the excellent breakfast service and rooms. I planned this getaway with the husband to really enjoy ourselves. When we arrived at the hotel we found the place PACKED. There were several conferences (on a weekend) and 2 birthday parties which were held IN THE ATRIUM. There kids strewn everwhere. Once the hotel allowed the parties to bring in their own pizza and cakes and trash the atrium, they went to the pool area. Now, the ES ABQ's pool is not gigantic; it's indoors and tiny. I went to check out the pool to see if I could even get in there and there was a staff member taking names of other guests who wanted to use it to come back later when it wasn't to capacity. THE NERVE... Thank God I used points for this stay, but even that I was def cheated on that. So, the next morning we go down to breakfast only to find you had to wait in line for 30 minutes to get an omelette. While waiting, we overheard staff saying that half the people there show up every weekend for free breakfast and they don't even stay there. For what was, in my mind, the nicest hotel in Albuquerque, they have certainly stooped to new lows to bring in business. This isn't a Chucky Cheese folks, it's a HOTEL...

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple