Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa
Hotel Andaluz(Albuquerque)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
1,507 results
All reviewsevening receptionpremium suitecooked to order breakfastcorner suitemanagers receptioncocktail hourcomplimentary breakfastbeautiful hotelfree drinksbreakfast stafffitness centerliving areahotel restaurantwe've stayedballoon fiestaold townindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Excellent hotel, beautifully appointed with spacious clean suites, well located, and friendly efficient staff from the valet through to the receptionist and even the cleaning staff. Stayed for 3 days and wished we could stay longer...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for your review – I am delighted that you had such a great time and will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff. Should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, we look forward to hosting you as our guest once again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

it was a good stay as always will recommend to others the breakfast is really good, the rooms are great. we really enjoyed our stay. we will stay again we try to always stay at any embassy suites hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review – I am delighted that you had such a great time and will recommend us in the future. Should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, we look forward to being your hotel of choice.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My business partner and I stayed in adjoining suites at the Embassy Suites in Albuquerque from July 14 (check in) through July 27 (check out). We chose Embassy Suites because of its proximity to downtown, where we had business for a two week period. The lack of attention to detail at this property was quite a disappointment. On a positive note, the bed was comfortable and individual staff members were pleasant and helpful. Here is a summary of what I experienced: 1. I checked in to suite 425, on the evening of July 14. Several of the lamps were unplugged and two had burnt out bulbs. The phones were unplugged. The next morning I unscrewed the burned out bulbs from the lamps, and left them on the tables next to the lamps thinking that housekeeping would get the message to replace them. When I returned at the end of the day on Monday, the bulbs had not been replaced. I had to call the front desk (after finding the phone jack and plugging in the phone) to get maintenance to bring up bulbs. 2. I left on the evening of Friday the 19th and returned on the evening of Sunday the 21st. I did not check out over the weekend because I had set up my office, and had two weeks of clothes in my room, and felt it would be easier for me not to check out. After I returned and unpacked on Sunday the 21st, I noticed a foul odor, then saw that the bar sink was filled to the top with filthy disgusting backed up water. I called to the front desk, and was informed that the room should have been “blocked” because of a sewage backup problem in the adjoining suite (424 I think). My question is, why didn’t someone from Embassy contact me by telephone or email to tell me about the problem so that I didn’t have to deal with moving rooms on Sunday night? Carlos the maintenance guy, helped me move my “office” and belongings from 425 to 427. Carlos told me that the manager would contact me to talk about the issue. I’m still waiting. 3. Suite 427, where I was moved, smells bad. No other way to say it. The desk chair was broken so I had to call up the front desk again. The front desk sent Carlos, who switched the desk chair from 427 with the one from 425, where I had been. The bathroom fan in 427 is on 100 percent of the time, and it is noisy. Carlos came up to check that out for me, and told me that the fan is designed to stay on 100 percent of the time, which is surprising given how noisy the fan is and given the fact that the bathroom fan in the suite where my business partner stayed (426), does not work at all! 4. I ate at the restaurant several times. The food is good and the service was good, EXCEPT for the day we had lunch there (Friday July 26). We had placed our orders, then had to leave unexpectedly before the lunch was ready. We asked staff to box our lunches and said we’d be back in an hour. We returned in an hour and said we’d each our lunches in the restaurant (from the boxes). The waiter brought out our boxes to a table where we sat, but then I had to steal silverware from another table. I had to go to the soda fountain in the adjoining breakfast dining room to get water and serve myself water. Our waiter vanished for an extended time. Another waitress watched me serving myself water from the soda fountain, but said nothing. This shows a total lack of training and lack of effective management. 5. Housekeeping was sub-standard. Three nights in a row I brought a glass of wine from the bar up to my room. Each night I left the empty glass on the television stand. Each afternoon after I returned, the empty wine glass was still on the stand, so I placed the empty wine glass outside my door. One empty glass outside my door, then two empty glasses the next day, then three empty glasses the next day! Doesn’t anyone working there pay attention to details like that? I saw employees walking past my room, right past the empty glasses. Although housekeeping fixed my bed, I do not believe housekeeping ever changed my sheets. Housekeeping never removed the used coffee pods from the coffee machine. Also, the stale smell in the room, which was there from the moment I opened the door the first time, never dissipated despite the fact that I left the front door propped wide open for hours during the evening hoping the room would air out. Perhaps it is the carpets, which are stained and worn, or the carpet pads. Whatever is causing the odor, it is not acceptable. My business partner experienced terrible housekeeping service in his room. There were mornings where housekeeping did not even bother to pick up the wet towels from the bathroom floor. He will write separately. We paid over $4,000 for the two suites for the two weeks. We got substandard rooms and substandard service. I doubt I will ever stay at an Embassy Suite again given my two week experience there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SpezSantaFe

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your review is decidedly disappointing and I would like to reach out to you to offer a resolution and a tangible compensation for your experience. I can be reached via email at kaisha.gurtner@jqh.com or by phone at 505-353-5349.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Room wasn't ready when I got there and wifi cost ten bucks, that's enough for me to stay somewhere else next time. Room was clean and staff was helpful. Gym sucked but they all do at hotels and food was overpriced downstairs.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that your room was not ready upon your arrival. Our housekeeping team works diligently to turn over the rooms as quickly as possible for our arriving guests. In regards to the price of the internet, while we do receive many complaints – it is a Hilton standard for us to offer the internet at a price of $9.95. I am sorry that it was not a feasible option for you. We do hope that you will come back to visit us should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque. Again, thank you for your review and I hope you have a great day and safe travels.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. We stay here at least twice a year and each time we are treated like royalty. My nieces enjoy the pool each time. Continental Breakfast is outstanding. Nice location off the Interstate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review – we are delighted that you enjoy your stay every time. I will pass on your comments to our management team and staff!! We look forward to your next visit.