“Not great for the money”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #23 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, United States
“Not great for the money”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

You can stay somewhere else for about half as much as you would pay here and get the same service and about the same room. I was not impressed by any part of this hotel, the service, or the amenities. The rooms are nice, but dark and the views are mostly of the interstate. The service wasn’t above and beyond what I’ve experienced anywhere else. The pool and gym are tiny. Do yourself a favor and save a buck by stay somewhere else.

1 Thank Alberto L
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am disappointed that you did not find your stay enjoyable and ensure that we will address your concerns to better the customer service that we provide. I encourage you to reach out to me so that we can discuss further and I can offer you a more tangible gesture of my apologies. I can be reached at kaisha.gurtner@jqh.com or via phone at 505-353-5349. I look forward to hearing from you.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My fiance and I decided to make the trip from Santa Fe to Albuquerque as a special occasion to take our 1 year old swimming for his first time. We also had plans to watch boxing on HBO that same evening. We made our reservations under the false pretense they provided hbo. I called 3 separate times to confirm they had it as I was told by the front desk agent. As we arrived there was no valet or bellman to assist us. A polite front desk agent brought us one I'm thelobby. We checked in and proceeded to lug our own bell cart to the room. After check in I came to realize they didn't have hbo. I called to the front desk to inform them we would be leaving. I spoke with assistant front office manager(bill?) who was mildly polite but informed us basically there was nothing he could do for us. I went by the front desk to drop our keys and make sure we wouldn't see any charges on our card. I was greeted by the FOM who came off rude and immediately says she can't offer us anything because they have never claimed to have hbo (besides the three times I was told of course) I explained I didn't want anything except to not be billed. She came across super rude with no concern for customer service. Was an unfortunate encounter to say the least

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank anasazi5
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am disheartened to hear that you were misled that we had HBO and that our customer service was not up to the level that we like to pride ourselves on. I can ensure that you were not charged for anything whatsoever and will inform our staff to ensure that everyone is aware that we in fact do not carry HBO. I hope that you were able to find a hotel with HBO and enjoy the boxing event and have a pleasant evening with your fiancé and child.

Arizona, USA
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our family of six has spent several trips at Embassy Suites in ABQ. Recently, we spent two nights here and we had a very relaxing stay. Hot Breakfast in the morning, nice indoor pool, workout room for me and Starbucks in the lobby to get us charged for the road. There is a spa service available which I have yet to experience. If we get hungry & want to eat in our room, we just order room service and its wonderful. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Elevators are quick & see through glass so we are always pleased with any floor level.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear that you stay with us often, and have enjoyed all that we have to offer, except for the spa! I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team. When your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, we look forward to hosting you and your family again as our guest.

Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was a great hotel! The breakfast was great as was all of the services and people we came in contact with. The only thing that I would change about this hotel was the price! It's a bit on the expensive side, but as long as you can afford it, it is great!!!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so very much for all of the wonderful comments – I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass along your pleasantries with our staff! Should your travels bring you back, we hope you will be our guest again.

Kaisha S Gurtner
Camp Verde, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Have stayed in Embassy Suites before and not been particularly impressed. my experience in the past was that they were dated and dark. This one was clean, bright, and resort-like. I up-graded and felt like I was pampered. The view from the 9th floor of the Albuquerque skyline at night was worth the elevator ride. All in all, it was a lovely hotel with a definate "wow" factor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our property and especially our premium floor! I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and hope to see you again soon.

Colorado Springs
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We recently spent the weekend at the Embassy Suites Albuquerque. The hotel is nicely appointed although some deferred maintenance is evident - burned out/unlit overhead lights in corridors, missing hooks on the shower curtain, uncollected trays of food on the corridor floor. Our room was very comfortable with very nice linens and furniture. Climate control was efficient and quiet (important in ABQ), bed had a slight dip in the center so you had to fight the temptation to roll to the middle! The bathroom was great - big thick towels, high showerhead, great water pressure, very nice Crabtree & Evelyn body wash/shampoo. We did not experience any of the noise issues other reviewers experienced. Happy hour was a mixed bag - great margaritas but disappointing food - chips and salsa with crudites one night and chocolate bananas the second night. Not good enough when serving booze I think. In days past, ES served actual, substantial food like wings and hot appetizers. Breakfast was above average, thanks to the omelet ladies. Food on the steam table (scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, potatoes) was congealed and cold but the omelet bar ladies expertly cooked eggs to order with a cheery attitude so I was happy. The restaurant also merits mixed reviews. Despite not being busy, it took almost an hour to serve 5 people. Food was good though - recommend the chicken quesadillas. Service was excellent - from the waiter who pitched in to help us with our bags to the concierge who helped us track down radios. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Recommend rooms that end in 18 - it's at the opposite end of the hotel from the elevator and aro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review – I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. You noted that you experienced some property condition problems; I will pass your comments over to the appropriate staff so that we can address the issues going forward. Also, I will pass on your compliments to our breakfast cooks for their job well done! Again, I would like to thank you for your comments and your review.

Marshfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have stayed four times at this hotel and each time was a pleasanr experience. The staff was very courteous and helpful with out hesitation. The rooms are celan and quiet and the servixce is excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stays with us thus far. I will pass on your compliments to our staff. We hope that should you return to Albuquerque, we will remain your hotel of choice. Thank you for your review!