“Conmfortable for the business traveler”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #26 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This property is under renovation or they have an ongoing maintenance program. There were 'wet paint' (pintura fresca) signs throughout the lobby.

The good:
Clean, pleasant staff, a nicely done breakfast included.

The neutral:
Managers reception in the early evening is a nice thought but the quality of the food and drink is not worth waiting around for:

The Bad:
The room A/C takes some time to catch up. The thermostat is behind the bedroom door and doesn't refelect the temp in the living area.

Dining options are very limited. Not walker friendly.

I would stay again

Room Tip: I was in a mid level room facing I-25 - worked well for me. Check the thermostat or you may be warm...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly doing preventative maintenance on the building to ensure that we do not become too dated with our product. I am pleased that you enjoyed the staff, as well as, the breakfast. We are currently looking at ways to enhance our manager’s reception to provide a better experience for the guest. In regards to the HVAC Unit, I encourage you to reach out to me so that we can have our engineering team take a look at the room you were in. I can be reached at (505) 353-5349 or by email at kaisha.gurtner@jqh.com. Once again, I would like to thank you for your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Reserved a 2-bed room. Had confirmation with 2-bed notation; however, upon arrival reservation clerk stated that they did not have a 2-bed room available. I was then told that for a significant additional fee my mom and I could up grade to the executive floor where 2-bed rooms were available. Dissappointed, generally Embassy Suites is the only place to stay......It is still by favorite hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you were not given your request. I will be talking to the Front Office Team about ways to better handle this and possibly providing a complimentary upgrade to ensure your request is met, if possible. I can assure you, we will re-double our efforts in this regard and want to thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nicely furnished, comfortable and clean, as is the hotel overall. Breakfast buffet is great overall, though the coffee is weak and tasteless and you have to wait in the omelette line to get bacon or sausage.

Pool is pretty big for a hotel pool and nice.

Service is great. The safe in our room was locked shut when we arrived. The repair guy was in our room within five minutes of calling, and had it working in another five. All very pleasant people to deal with.

I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room, the breakfast buffet, the pool and our staff. I will be passing your comments on to the appropriate departments – for praise and also for improvement. Should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, we look forward to having you as our guest once again.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel and staff in Albuquerque were outstanding from the time we were welcomed to departure. Every day the hotel staff left water and snacks in our room... a very touch. Despite a busy week the hotel staff never missed a beat. A very nice morning breakfast too.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will be sure to let our staff know about your pleasant experience! Should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, we hope to be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our stay as always is the best here at the ESH. Clean rooms, The pool area is very nice. No one can beat the comp. breakfast. We have stayed at the Albuquerque ESH over and over again because no one beats the prices. There is always staff ready to help you. WE will spend our summer weekends at ESH in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the wonderful comments! I am pleased that you enjoy your time with us from the value to the experience. We are looking forward to having you back for the summer!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very nice staff and good room service. I gave it an average rating because some parts of the room looked a little old, the A/C struggled a bit in my room and the WiFi was a little slow-- I was also charged extra to use it. I figured if we paid for the WiFi service, it would be faster. I tried the ethernet connection as well, and it was slow too-- about 3 Mbs/sec.

The breakfast was okay too. I did like the made-to-order omelets and pancakes. The bacon was a bit tough and old tasting one morning. Around 8 a.m. they ran out of silverware and it took them a little time to bring out clean ones. They did have Crown XR at the bar though....
The hotel location is a bit far away for walking to downtown. Nothing really around the immediate area to see.

As I said, the staff was mostly attentive and helpful when needed. So, nice place but I think you might want to stay closer to downtown, if you like walking and eating at other restaurants outside of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. It is feedback such as yours that allows us to better ourselves in every aspect. I will pass along you notes to the appropriate departments, both good and bad. We are currently in the process of revamping our guest internet connection, but is has been feedback like yours that helped to move that process along. Once again, thank you for your review and taking the time to voice your opinions and concerns.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Use this hotel for alot of work conferences etc. Staff is helpful and rooms are very nice. Definitely recommend if you're in Albuquerque. Its also clise to downtown and some fun spots. Restaurant and bar area are nice. Get the crab cakes!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank punkinbarbie
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback to us and other possible guests. We are pleased that you are a frequent stayer of our hotel, that you enjoy the experience and the crab cakes! I will pass the compliments on to our chef!