“Good as it gets”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #26 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Rooms are more then adaquate, clean, quiet and comfortable. Service is quite good. The pool and spa make this a great stop-over. We are repeat guests and we'll return. This is as good as gets in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you enjoy your stays while in town and consider us “as good as it gets”. We look forward to your next visit and hope to continue to “wow” you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The location of the Embassy is great - convenient to almost everything and a quick drive to the airport. I stay here every week, 4 days a week, and have seen the hotel at its best and worst. The staff are, almost uniformly, sweet people and always ready to help when asked. On almost every stay there is a physical problem with the room, from moldy showers to dirty carpets and broken door locks. These issues should not occur, but, I do give the staff credit....when I point out the issue they fix it in record time and they do it right. The fact that I should have to point out such glaring issues speaks to a lack of good management oversight, not staff involvement.

The breakfasts are filling, if formulaic, and the nightly receptions are quite pleasant.

Overall, I feel very comfortable here and will continue to use this hotel when I'm in ABQ on business. Good value, great location and a caring, competent staff - pretty good combination as far as I can see!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted to have such a loyal guest such as yourself, we are currently addressing and revisiting a lot of the areas that you have mentioned and I can assure you, you should begin to see a difference in the near future. I am pleased to know that our staff has been very accommodating thus far, and continues to be in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Hotel was good, clean and good value for money. Food was just ok, typical breakfast that tires after a few days but the custom order omelet chefs are amazing at what they accomplish. The bell staff was exceptionally good.

1  Thank BLPCalgary_Canada

Thank you so very much for your feedback. We are pleased that you feel the hotel was good, clean and a good value for your money. I am sorry to herr that you were not overjoyed with the food, but glad you enjoyed our omelet chefs, as well as, found out bell staff to be exceptional. Should you find yourself in Albuquerque again, we hope that you are a guest of ours.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The restaurant service was very poor, the food was average, too grease when asked for "Steamed Vegetables" Almost all the food had pork and/or beef in it even the chicken soup. was in a convention here and the food they served was below average. Most of the women wait staff were rude to both men and women. the room cleaning was average/poor, half the stay I decided to make my own bed and just put the "do not disturb" sign. The people at the font desk knew nothing outside the hotel. I ask the bell boys and they were extremely helpful and very nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback such as yours. Our guests reviews are a large part of the training that we use to improve every day. Rest assure that we have followed up with all of our department managers to better ensure that we address the issues you noted and improve overall as a hotel. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel was very nice - new and clean, and the restaurant food was good - but I only ate there once- read below and I will explain why. We were there for a 4-day convention and had lunches served to us for three days - they were terrible - everything from extremely overdone chicken to really nasty New Mexican enchiladas and beans, and the last day - some mystery meat on rice. The day after the mystery meat, four people were very sick and they blamed it on the previous day's lunch. The hotel service was quite good, the restaurant service was probably the worst I have experienced for a large, convention hotel. The hotel was quite far from anything - stuck in the middle of a hill - so you'd need a taxi to get anywhere.

The rooms were very nice EXCEPT, when I walked into the room, the cleaning smell was so strong that I could not stay in there more a few seconds - got an immediate asthma reaction, and I don't have asthma. I do have sensitivity to scents, more so as I get older. I dropped my bags and left. I waited a few minutes and re-entered the room and I had the same reaction. I went to the front desk and they responded immediately and put an ionizer in there for an hour saying that should take care of the odor. I had to wait an hour before I went back in. When I did, the odor wasn't any better. So I then told our convention facilitator about the problem - that I couldn't stay in the room and she and I went to the front desk. Again, the responded quickly and although they were totally booked, some hadn't checked in yet so one concierge and I went to five rooms to do a 'sniff test' and found one that must not have been cleaned in awhile and the smell wasn't bad. The cleaning staff were told to not use scented things for the next four days that we were in the room and it was fine. The manager however did not respond to the issue and when I tried to talk with him, was never available. I suggested in the survey that there should be some 'scent neutral' rooms for those with sensitivity or allergies. I was told they use Febreze, among other things. So, if you have an issue with smells or have asthma, be careful.

Restaurant service - This was so far from meeting my expectations, I can't even think what exceeding them might be. We ate there on Sunday night, January 27th. The restaurant was packed. We waited 35 minutes to get our order taken. We waited another 1-1/2 hours to get our food for a table of 6. It was 10:00 before we began to eat. Others around us who sat down after us got served before we did. This is a hotel that caters to large groups, this sort of service is totally unacceptable - servers and the kitchen staff should know how to deal with large groups descending at once. Our server did not seem to know the first thing about how to treat a customer: she did not respond appropriately when things were missing from our plates and one time, she swore.

When mistakes are made, even if it is out of the server's control, at a minimum, the server should acknowledge the problem, and do everything to fix it - like, get the missing things. Our server didn't seem to consider that an option, she just said 'the sauce on the pork was free anyway and so were the onion strips.' They are not free, they are part of the meal, and she should have immediately gone to fetch them. Although I would stay at this Embassy again and other Embassy's, I would not eat in the restaurant. I did not eat at the restaurant again.

Room Tip: If you have sensitivity to smells or have asthma, tell them well before you arrive, so they can iden...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
EmbassyABQ, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay. Please accept our apologies for the quality of food and service you encountered at our hotels restaurant and conference center. We pride ourselves by having a reputation in Albuquerque for exceptional food, service, convention services, and return clients. The recent convention at our facility was one of the most successful in the groups history. I am truly sorry that the meals did not meet your expectations. I specifically am concerned with you comments on the service you received on the first night of your stay in the hotels restaurant. Trust that we have addressed your concerns with everyone involved so that this type of disappointment will not occur again. I also thank your for your kind remarks regarding our hotel overall. We strive to ensure that all our services far exceed your expectations. I hope that should you return to Albuquerque in the future you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the manner you deserve.

Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Returned from a 5 day stay at this property. Although it is near the airport it does not provide shuttle service and no shuttle service at all to any other locations. The hotel is not within walking distance to anything and without a car you are completely stranded. Probably the majority of visitors to Albuquerque rent a car but I like to be able to get to at least a few things on foot. The staff is friendly and the cooked to order breakfast a definite plus. But the manager's reception needs greater variety in the offerings.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Unfortunately we do not have a hotel shuttle, however a shuttle from the airport is available through Sunport Shuttle. In regards to the travel around the city, we recommend the city bus for our patrons. I apologize that you were displeased with our transportation services provided. On a more positive note, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the friendliness of the staff and the cooked to order breakfast.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great hotel for loaction and also for a long stay. The food is not so good for lunch or dinner, but the breakfast offered is very good! The suites are very roomy, but can use an over haul. Decor is old, and very dark, not very modern. The suites also need a good thorough cleaning, very very dusty. Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We are pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay. I would like to apologize for your experience with our lunch and dinner meals, as you were not pleased with the food. As well as, the cleanliness of your suite.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kaisha.gurtner@jqh.com. We appreciate your feedback as guest satisfaction is our priority.