“A beautiful hotel!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #26 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

This embassy suites hotel as usual was great! It is really pretty inside. The rooms are very clean and cozy! When we woke up we had a really nice breakfast at the hotel. They had a cool omelete station. After breakfast we headed to Gallup where we went to an Indian festival.

• Stayed: August 2012
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

I am delighted to hear you had a great stay. I hope you were able to enjoy the Indian Festival at Gallup. Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites; we look forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,440)

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have stayed here before and again was not disappointed by this hotel. The staff was friendly upon entrance and was able to provide early check-in upon my request. My room was standard Embassy and the bed was soft and provided a pleasant night sleep. Rooms have fridge and microwave. Missed the cocktail hours, but my breakfast was enjoyable as always. Staff was helpful. Did not use the pool, but the indoor pool appeared well taken care of. I did use the business center for printing airline boarding pass and it was easy to print my pass. Overall, enjoyable stay away from home.

Room Tip: The city side facing East provides night time viewing of the small city skyline. West provides the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jbkbh
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay! It's so refreshing to hear that our valued guests had a great time at our property and continue to stay with our brand due to excellent experiences and services! We hope to see you again in the future to serve you once again!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We recently stayed the night at the Embassy Suites in Albuquerque and I was appalled by the upkeep of this hotel in the past several years. We stayed there once over 3 years ago and it was nice and clean during that time and that is why I chose it on our recent trip. I have pictures of how disgustingly dirty our room was, not to mention the holes in the sheets and carpet. Everything in the hotel was dirty! I will be sending those pictures to the corporate office with my complaint. The bellhop cart had fingerprints all over it as well as the elevator doors and they looked like they haven't been wiped down in years! The furniture was falling apart and there was some kind of goo dried up on the bedroom lamp and blood on the curtains and walls! I hate to even imagine how that got there! I did't eat breakfast in fear of getting some kind of food poisoning. I have NEVER seen an Embassy Suites this disgusting! The carpet smelled and made our feet black after 30 minutes walking on it. They need to fire the manager and maids and get new ones that will do their job! The only nice thing was the view and the lady that checked us in. But, when we checked out, they didn't even ask how our stay was...maybe they knew the answer! It was horrible! Don't waste even $1.00 at this place! I know we will never stay there again and I am contemplating on changing my hotel chain of preference to Marriott from Hilton.

Room Tip: I would ask for city view if you are desperate to stay there. But be ready to be let down big time i...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Lisa T

I apologize for the lack of quality and cleanliness of your suite. There is no excuse for having such an unsanitary presentation of our establishment. I can only fathom how upset you were. I will let our Housekeeping Manager know of your concerns, and the appropriate actions will be taken to correct this error although I do wish we could've done this during your stay. I do hope in the future we will be able to redeem ourselves and make for a cleaner suite and better experience during your visit. Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to review your stay and for giving us an opportunity to correct our faults.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've stayed at other Embassy Suites, and this one was good, but not the best. The location is good if you have a car available, but there are not many options for those without one. The lobby is "pretty" but already felt outdated, though this hotel isn't too old. Service was always friendly.

The room itself was a spacious suite as always. It wasn't spotless, but not dirty, either. I was very disappointed to spend more for a balcony, only to have a major highway view. Yes, I could see the mountains, but the view wasn't as spectacular as I hoped. (TIP: If you do want a balcony, ask more about the specific view.) I'm sure I could have changed rooms if I really wanted to, but I had already settled in.

Breakfast here, as at most Embassy locations, is just AMAZING. Wonderful hot breakfast, as well as cereals, fruits, and baked goods. The potatoes weren't very warm, however.
The Manager's Reception (5:30-7:30) was good for free drinks, but if you want ANY food, get there early. The food gets devoured early, and I never did see any more put out. I saw what looked like scraps of a good-looking taco dip though I didn't try it.

If you find a good deal, or just want a bit of luxury, go for this Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: Ask for a specific view if you would like a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lovelaughtravellive

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay, and have noted the negative aspects of your stay like the cold potatoes and lack of snacks during the Manager’s Reception. Again, Thank You for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This place is outstanding in every way. The rooms are huge, beautiful, comfortable, and the staff is friendly and very attentive. I think it's one of the best hotels I've stayed in ever, and as a former flight attendant, I have certainly stayed in a lot of hotels! One of the highlights is the fantastic breakfast, included in the price of the suite. Absolutely delicious, and a great assortment of things to choose from.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank You for choosing Embassy Suites while visiting Albuquerque. As a former flight attendant I am sure you have stayed at many hotels and know exactly what you want. I am happy to hear our hotel is one of the BEST hotels you have stayed in. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

When checking in I was asked to sign an agreement to keep my children (4,6,9) with me at all times and that they had a 10:00PM curfew. The agreement also outlined the fines for throwing things over the balconies in the atrium and smoking in the rooms. I signed the agreement and was then checked in. Besides the agreement the check in process was great.
The hotel has an overpowering smell of deodorizer/cleaner, chlorine from the fountain or pool and smoke. It was noticeable as soon as we walked in.
The carpet and elevators in this hotel are filthy – very filthy. The hallways were full of old room service dishes and dirty sheets every few doors. At checkin our room had dirty dishes that we could see from outside and inside. These stayed there all night, we saw them after we returned from dinner. The room itself was pretty clean besides the carpet. The bed and bathroom felt very comfortable and clean.
The breakfast was good the first morning with cooked to order omelets, pancakes and waffles and an egg-white option for the omelets. The next morning the pancakes, waffles and egg-white option were not available. The hotel had the cooks on display away from the cooking area to cook. The breakfast staff was not able to keep up with the crowd, there was no ice and several items were out. The staff was working very hard but there was not enough of them. My kids at the French toast on the buffet in absence of the pancake or waffles, I took a bite and it was so bad I had them stop eating it. I didn’t know you could mess up French toast. The bread was very stale, barely French toast and cold.
The managers reception was terrible. The cheese was sitting in fruit juice and there was not much there to choose from. It was also full of families trying to make a meal of it.
The pool was over chlorinated and burned my skin. It would have been a great pool otherwise. The hotle was over run with the tween/teen crowd that played capture the flag from floor to floor and also appeared to enjoy riding the elevators up and down and pressing each floors button.
My husband made the mistake of trying to have a drink after our kids went to bed at 9:15PM. He went to the lounge and found tweens seated at a few of the tables that were rowdy. He waited for 15 minutes and was not greeted or served, the staff was busy serving the tweens.
We thought this was a terrible stay and will never go back. We stay at hotels with other children and have never seen a hotel so overrun by tweens/teens. Even though we were asked to sign an agreement the management of the hotel did nothing to enforce these rules with other families.. I also haven’t stayed at a hotel with the carpet or common areas so filthy. They didn’t even bother putting table cloths on their round tables for parties of more than 4. The tables were designed to only be used with tablecloths. This was a really bad experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. If you must bring flip flops so you don't have to touch the floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MomfromWAState
Debbie K, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with both our security and housekeeping teams to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of the floors were of concern. I apologize that you were not satisfied with our complimentary breakfast and for any disruption caused by other guests. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your comments in mind as we continually look to improve our overall guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I've stayed with Embassy Suites in Albuquerque one other time in the past (shortly after they opened) and I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room, the staff, and the overall look of the hotel. This time was no different, with the exception of the room. Once I arrived the front desk my original room was still occupied; however, that was taken care of quickly. When I went into the room the bathroom light did not work, which was also taken care of quickly. The only thing I noticed was the room just didn't seem like it had been cleaned well. All faucets were covered with water stains (the bathroom faucet still had toothpaste on it) and the shower had a great deal of soap scum and a few hairs in the shower. This may not bother someone else, but I typically notice the small stuff. Hopefully this was a one time deal - overall, I would stay here again as the staff, the food, and the ambiance are all great!

Room Tip: Stayed in a corner suite that had nice views of the mountains!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michele L

Michele,
I am sorry to hear the cleanliness of your suite was not up to par. We strive for excellence and will continue to work hard to ensure all of our guests are satisfied with the quality and cleanliness of their suites. I am ecstatic to hear you will come back as our staff has made a difference in your stay. Rests assure we will improve and your future stay will only be better.