“Great Hotel For Overnight or Extended Stays” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa

Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #22 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Hotel For Overnight or Extended Stays”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Albuquerque for a week long business trip in June 2012. The hotel lobby was inviting and the staff at the check-in counter was very helpful. As you walk into the hotel lobby there is a coffe shop to the right. They make great coffee and if you are in the mood for a latte they do a good job at that as well. There is a bar/lounge next to the coffee shop that has a relaxing ambiance and they poor a pretty good crown and 7.

The free daily breakfast served at the hotel restaurant is very good quality. The omelets are delicious and they serve a good variety of fresh fruits, juices, breads, yogurts, cereals, and pastries. I ate the breakfast every day that week and didn't grow tired of it.

The indoor pool is decent. I am more of an outdoor pool fan, but it was adequate to swim laps. The gym was a little substandard, but there were 2 treadmills an dumbbells ranging from 10 to 50 pounds. The gym is definitely not a huge selling point for the hotel. I would recommend that the hotel arrange some type of user agreement with one of the local gyms.

The room was clean and it didn't make me feel cramped like most hotel rooms. The beds were comfortable and I liked the fact that the room had a separate living area equipped with a desk, refrigerator, microwave, flatsceen tv, and pull out sofa. The room was also equipped with a door to divide the living area from the sleeping area. Another selling point for the room is the fact that both the living area and sleeping area had their own tv's.

The hotel had quick and easy access to both I40 and I25. The Albuquerque zoo was also easily accessible from the hotel, only about 8 minutes away. The zoo was a pleasant surprise. It had a wide variety of animals and the amphitheater at the center of the zoo was surrounded by a heavily treed park and fish pond that was a great place to sit and relax.

Overall, the hotel met my expectations of a Hilton property and I would recommend it over other hotels I have stayed at in the area such as holiday inn express, drury inn, and residence inn north. The residence inn north is a nice property though and I love the kitchenettes in the rooms. Embassy Suites Albuquerque gets an A- from me. Book your stay there with confidence.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Many business travelers like you enjoy the comfort of having the two-room suite our Hotel has to offer. It is an added amenity that can turn your business trip into a leisure trip. I can see you were able to enjoy both our Hotel and the city. I hope whether you come back for business or pleasure you choose Embassy Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just got back from my second stay at this hotel. My family loves this place and it is so much nicer than any other place we have stayed in Albuquerque.

Pros: fast elevators, friendly staff, clean and nice rooms, spacious corner suites, delicious manager's reception with free alcoholic drinks, yummy breakfast with plenty of places to sit and not too long of a line, extra nice workout room, comfy beds

Cons: pool is indoors and can get really hot and stuffy for a parent watching their kids swim, free wireless is only in the lobby, not in pool area, terrible pillows (what hotel doesn't?)

Don't hesitate to stay here, especially if you can get a good rate! This hotel is especially worth it if you have time to enjoy the managers reception, free breakfast, pool, and the room itself. If you are just looking for a place to sleep, you may not want to spend the $150 bucks a night. That being said, this is my favorite place in Albuquerque!

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room.
1 Thank honey_bah
, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed you stay. We will look into modifying the range of our Wi-Fi so our guests can use it at the pool area. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I could seat here and type a lot of good things about this Embassy suites in Albuquerque New Mexico and don't get me wrong almost everything was perfect. Everything but the pool... Wow!!! I don't even know where to start, but I will start by telling you that the pool and the hot tub were TERRIBLE. First the water in the pool and hot tub was Very Dirty. There was NO supervision at all. We started talking with a couple and they turned out to be a homeless couple showering and bathing in the pool. There was 3 family with kids from the neighborhood, not staying at the hotel using the pool like that was the neighborhood pool. During the weekend they had all kinds of people walking in and out of the hotel and the pool because the two security doors were open due to the temp inside the pool area was to high. People with coolers drinking beer in and out the pool area...I can hear the managers of this hotel apologising and making excuses when the only thing needed is common sence...you get the picture right? And finally no free wifi. Pillos!

2 Thank Alison N
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We will work closely with our staff and security team to correct this problem. Thank you again for your feedback.

Regards,

Assistant Front Office Manager
New Bern, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

This modern hotel is just off the Interstate very near downtown and old town and convenient to the airport. As with most Embassy Suites, the lobby is a soaring atrium with a cafe and breakfast area in the middle and a small bar on the side. When we arrived, the computer network for the entire Hilton chain was down but the front desk staff was extremely helpful and got us into our room very efficiently, using a special staff key. The room was large, clean and comfortable and we had a great view of the city. Breakfast was quite good, with a decent number of selections frequently replaced by the wait staff. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roamin88
, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites. I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have encountered during our system outage. I am pleased to hear our staff was helpful and efficient in spite of our computer problems.

Front Office Staff
colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had an easy check in. Friendly staff. The main bed was very comfortable and we had nice views from our window. We were able to see the hot air balloons each morning. A little disappointed with the hide a bed. The first sheets we got had blood on on them. We had checked in late but housekeeping quickly replaced the sheets and were very apologetic. The next sheet had a hole on them at the top. No mattress pad so had to put down hotel blanket before setting up the sheets?. It was kind of a cumbersome set up for the hide a bed. My kids said they thought the bed was Just OK. Breakfast was good. Many options. The reception was also nice. Good sangria ESP after being in new Mexico heat. Pool was nice but it is not too big so it was pretty crowded with kids. We didn't stay long. Stay on a higher floor. Reception can get loud. Very popular place for traveling soccer, swim, baseball, etc teams.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry making the bed for the pull out sofa was such an ordeal; I hope our housekeeping staff was able to assist you. On the other hand, I am delighted to hear you were able to enjoy breakfast and the Manager’s Reception. Thank you for your feedback.

Embassy Suites Staff
Dongducheon, South Korea
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed at Embassy Suites during a Single Soldiers Retreat. I felt the rooms were ok. There was a tear in the wall paper in my room and dust in the corners and the bedskirt was askew. The public bathrooms were not as clean as they should have been. We had meals supplied to us and the waitress was unpleasant and acted as if she was put out by our requests. I was also told I would have to go to a common area in the hotel to use the internet. One would think that with the amount that was paid for the rooms there would be free internet in the rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry we were unable to meet or exceed your expectations during the “Singles Soldiers Retreat” you attended. We strive for excellence and I am committed to addressing the issues you had during your stay. We appreciate your feedback.

East Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel and very nicely furnished. It's clean and quiet. Breakfast was delicious and there were plenty of employees clearing tables and cooking food so that the lines were not long and there were lots of open tables. We had a few issues at check in with an employee who was new and not very well trained but he eventually called another desk person over and our problem was easily resolved (two nights, one billed to company, one to our personal credit card).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dms1878
EmbassyABQ, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I am sorry to hear you did not have a smooth check in. Thank you for bringing it to our attention so we can better train our staff. After a rocky check in it looks like you were able to enjoy your stay, specially our wonderful breakfast. Again I apologize for any inconvenience.