“Still good overall but was disappointed”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #26 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Had I not stayed here before and had an excellent experience (see my earlier review) I probably would not write another review. Overall many of the positive elements of the hotel are still there - friendly staff, great pool for kids, reasonable rate for a nice sized suite, valuable free breakfast and evening reception. In addition, the free Internet in the lobby was also helpful.

What I was so disappointed to experience when I checked in was an unclean room. Hair in the bathtub and on the bathroom floor, a used coffee filter in the coffee pot, and a large wet spot on the carpet next to the window due to condensation from the window running down the wall. in addition, it seemed there was just a skeleton crew on duty, so the lobby had tables full of dirty dishes from the evening reception that lingered.

I noticed that some of the guests on other floors had their doors propped open, and I heard comments from other guests about the high temperature in their rooms.

We were only there for one night so I reported these the next morning when we checked out. It wasn't enough to complain and ask for a room change. But I left with the impression that some of that great attention that I experienced before might be deteriorating.

3  Thank joCChicago
Write a ReviewReviews (1,466)

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in ABQ on a business trip and found it to be clean, quiet and a pleasant stay. The hotel has the standard Embassy Suites amenities and a coffee shop.

This place is right off of I25 and next to downtown. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyABQ, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa during your visit to Albuquerque. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you with us again.

Regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel was everything you'd expect out of the Embassy Suites--the rooms were very nice, the service was very good, the food (both at the bar and catered at my convention) was good. Overall, I felt like this was a hotel that took things seriously and checked the boxes for business travel.

Unfortunately, it was a little far away from the more exciting parts of town. If you are a traveler that is only concerned about staying in your hotel and don't want to explore, this place is perfect. If you are looking for something with a bit more access, you might want to consider something more central.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, I am sure other business travelers will find it useful. The hotel is a few miles away from Downtown, Old Town, and Nob Hill; I hope next time you are in town you get to explore those areas.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Super experience in every way. The staff, rooms, facilities, work out area and breakfast areas were all top notch. I wish we could have stayed longer, but we were just passing through.

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room at this hotel!

Tim G,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa. We want to be your home away from home, come back and visit soon!

Safe travels,

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Driving home to Arizona from Colorado, we stayed at the Embassy Suites in Albuquerque. We had stayed there once before. It is a beautiful hotel with an Atrium in the middle. The room was well equiped with 2 TV's, internet, microwave, refrig and 2 closets. The beds were very comfortable. The outside view of Albuquerque was beautiful at night. We were tired so were ordered dinner from our room. We asked for ribs but they said they had run out the night before. This was a few days after christmas so no big deal. I ordered a chicken caesar salad and my wife ordered fetticini alfredo with chicken. The caesar salad was just OK. The chicken was a little too done. My wife's fetticini was excellent.

The next morning we had our bill awaiting and we had been charged $6 for a bottled water. We explained that we had not used the water and they took it off our bill. I then explained that we were Gold members of Hilton and usually the hotel provided us with 2 free bottles of water each day. They just said "Oh".

Room Tip: Get a view of the city.
1  Thank Larry M
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Room was not serviced for the second year in a row. Same thing happened last year. Hotel claimed last year that we had our privacy sign on the door (not true and, if it was true then why did they come in the room to leave bottled water and a notice about brekfast service time?!). This year, they could not explain themselves. Time and time again we have found this hotel to be poor in terms of service. Last May we chose the Hilton instead. Now the Hilton is closed so as a Hilton Honors Platinum, we have just Embassy as our choice. Sad.

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear Traveler,

I am sorry to hear you were unhappy during your stay at the Albuquerque Embassy Suites. We strive for excellence, and want all of our guests to enjoy their visit.

I would love to speak to you in regards to your stay. You can reach me at 505-245-7100.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Albuquerque while attending the New Mexico Bowl. The service we received at check-in and check-out was great (thank you, Anthony, since we had the pleasure of dealing with you both times). One nice feature of the swimming pool - it is in the shape of an "L" allowing my kids to play in the deeper end while younger kids could play in the other part without bothering them. The pool temperature was warm, making it nice for us. Finally, we ate at the hotel restaurant on Saturday night since we didn't feel like going out after a long day. The food was wonderful, and the service top-notch. We would definitely stay here when we travel to Albuquerque again.

One tip? Internet access in the lobby is free (there is a charge in the rooms). If you need the internet infrequently during your time there, just use the lobby internet insteady of paying for access in the rooms.

1  Thank jasper87