“If college students like it...”
Review of Flying Star Cafe

Flying Star Cafe
Ranked #70 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Description: We created Flying Star because we needed fresh, tasty coffee served in a bottomless cup, comfy seats with casual, competent service that didn’t get in your face. Most of all, we wanted a place where dessert was first and the food was something you could really get your taste buds around. And, we needed it served from early in the morning to late at night on every day of the year except Thanksgiving and Christmas. It would be a place where we could go to be alone or have a good chance of running into friends. That was 1987 and we’re still cooking and baking 24 years later.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“If college students like it...”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went to the Flying Star for dinner. It was chock full of UNM students, which was nice to see. Our food was brought out quickly even though the restaurant was packed. I was delighted to be able to get a pot of tea as opposed to a small cup. Don't miss the sweet potato fries here, they're quite tasty. I've heard the desserts are amazing, but was so full from my sandwich that I couldn't eat any more. Would definitely come back!

Visited October 2013

Anderson, SC
“Always the first stop...”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

When we travel to Albuquerque to visit our son and daughter-in-law, this is always our first stop after leaving the airport. A few years ago our daughter- in-law stopped there for us to get a quick bite and once I tried the chicken salad, I was hooked! We are already looking forward to our next visit.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“So disappointed”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Having sent and received numerous emails to Flying Star Café from my home in the UK, ordering a birthday cake, I was really disappointed to arrive at the Flying Star Café on 22-09-13 to be told that the 50th birthday cake I'd ordered for my brother was not available.

As we were half into our Route 66 holiday, I had no chance for finding a replacement cake at such short notice.

Fortunately Flying Star employee Benjamin came to my rescue and found me a "Black Out" cake that I could purchase.

The cake was amazing and my brother was delighted with his treat, but none the less I was left feel disappointed at the lack of customer service.

• Visited September 2013
Nomad
“Phenomenal!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent food, busy but not-too-crowded atmosphere (even when packed!) and friendly service. I don't even remember what I ordered because my party (of 6) all got different things and just kept swapping plates. It was well worth the cost!

• Visited August 2013
Brookings, Oregon
“Like if Starbucks served dinner”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

When set out to write this review, I didn't realize how many locations the Flying Star Cafe had in Albuquerque.That makes my comparison with Starbucks all the more valid. This one, in the Nob Hill neighborhood, is suitably trendy. If it weren't for all the food items on the menu, I might have mistaken it for a Starbucks. It seemed a little pricey for order-at-the-counter food, but everything we ordered turned out to be pretty good. I had their version of a Monte Cristo sandwich with apple slices in it, which really did the trick. They had an amazing variety of great looking desserts, but I had no room left. As for atmosphere, if you like hanging out at Starbucks and watching the people, both inside and outside, you'll be comfortable here.

• Visited July 2013