“Great food but overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Flying Star Cafe

Flying Star Cafe
Ranked #63 of 1,766 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Description: We created Flying Star because we needed fresh, tasty coffee served in a bottomless cup, comfy seats with casual, competent service that didn’t get in your face. Most of all, we wanted a place where dessert was first and the food was something you could really get your taste buds around. And, we needed it served from early in the morning to late at night on every day of the year except Thanksgiving and Christmas. It would be a place where we could go to be alone or have a good chance of running into friends. That was 1987 and we’re still cooking and baking 24 years later.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food but overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I always enjoy breakfasts at Flying Star and in the afternoons or evenings the soups are always satisfying. The atmosphere is noisy but fun, just a bit overpriced.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kristine C

Portland, Oregon
“Fantastic food and atmosphere, not so fantastic price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

A perfect end to our culinary weekend tour of ABQ. Five of us ate breakfast and had no complaints about the food. Blueberry pancakes, french toast, egg muffin and green chile turkey sausage left everyone stuffed.

Our only hiccup was the price... $70.

Best tip- try the chai tea latte, its awesome.

Albuqu
“A favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We eat at Flying Star Cafe's all over Albuquerque and love their excellent coffee, delicious desserts, breakfast all day, and unique adaptations of favorite dishes with local ingredients. The location on Central is a favorite of mine because of their location and extended hours. Although it's a little expensive for regular dining, this is where I take all of my out-of-town guests for a really delicious breakfast.

Visited December 2012
Corrales, NM
“Plastic wrap in your food is OK at Flying Star”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Today I ordered a breakfast burrito with bacon and green chile at the Flying Star on Rio Grande. My first bite contained a piece of wadded up plastic wrap several inches long. I showed the manager who told me not to worry because they use the plastic wrap to cover the food and the kitchen is very clean. I was floored! Who would have thought a restaurant manager would say a foreign object in your food is OK? When her answer didn't satisfy me, she asked me what I wanted and I said I wanted a refund. Then she short-changed me on the refund. She did give me a $10 gift card in addition to the short change, so I didn't make a scene, but now I'm thinking I'll never go back there, so what good is a gift card anyway? Let this be a warning. You never know what you will bite into when you eat at Flying Star - and when you find yourself chewing on a foreign object, don't expect the manager to act like this is out of the ordinary. Because it probably isn't.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ScottieMack
Silver City, New Mexico
“Killer desserts ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

After dinner walked into this place because of the dessert case ... snagged two (tiramisu cakes and a orange chocolate mousse cake) to eat back at the hotel. These are good!! Went back the next morning and had breakfast .. was in no way disappointed. Great people and service.

• Visited December 2012