“High noon”

High Noon Restaurant & Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
High Noon Restaurant & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,884 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The food was excellent. Our waitress was wonderful. The atmosphere is great. Highly recommend for a nice night out

1  Thank Peggy H

Reviewed July 31, 2014

High Noon looked like a great Old West type of place to have dinner for one of our rare weekends in town. As locals, we like checking out the places in Old Town and other neighborhoods.

The building is historic—at least part of it is, with added on rooms as well. The decor stayed true to the history of the early Old Town building, with a touch of kitsch with photos all over the dining room we were in that were new "Old Tyme" photos —all featuring the same family, probably the owners. Note to owners: that's just low class in a restaurant. Try using real historic photos or local art instead. Don't be so cheap.

The meal: it was okay. That's the best I can say. Two things occurred that bring the rating down that were unbelievably tacky on the part of the waitress. One was, I ordered a ginger ale. When I wanted some more, the waitress popped a can of the soda and brought the can to the table and poured it into my glass. Tacky.

Wait, it gets tackier: Dessert comes, and the menu said it had whipped cream. I get it. There's no whipped cream. I ask, and the waitress, put out that I should ask for what the menu portrayed, went back, got a can of Redi-whip, and came to the table with it and squirted it on my dessert at the table. Sort of, "you want whipped cream? O.k., here's your 'elfin' whipped cream" attitude. Wow!! Bringing a can of Rediwhip to the table and creaming my dessert. What class.

Interesting, but won't be back. Get it together, High Noon. Class it up a bit, and hire some wait staff with more class than that broad. (Unless she's a family member, which it seems likely.)

1  Thank Marielle O
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I like the idea to go to a restaurant that has a history to tell. This is one of those.

The restaurant opened its doors in 74 as a steak house, but the building has been there fro centuries. It is believed to be built starting in 1750. It was a gambling parlor as well as a brothel for long time. Then it became the house of a Spanish furniture maker and after that a residence, until the family that owns the restaurant opened it. The building is built in typical Spanish old rustic architecture. It´s very well preserved. Decoration might be a bit fake with pictures that resembles the American Old west, but which seems to be done in the seventies. In general, the restaurant is filled with history.

Besides that, they serve food and drinks…. Nowadays they offer Mexican style food as well as the steaks. I was there for linch with my family after walking in the historical center. I chose a hot beef dish and it was too hot for me. My family were happy with their dishes. The "tres amigos", nachos with 3 sauces (the house sauce, guacamole and cheese "salsas") for starter was great and conquered the family´s taste.

Service was not bad and not special. All in all a place to try in Old town Albuquerque.

1  Thank JuPereira
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Skip the chips and tres amigos dips but go for the Shrimp Papperdelle and blue corn enchiladas. Great service, solid tequila selection and good atmosphere.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Drove in from Durango last night and had read the good reviews about High Noon and looked forward to the other than usual Mexican fare on the menu. Nice atmosphere, good margaritas. My wife much enjoyed her steak topped salad. The shrimp enchilada, with a delicious red sauce, ended up a disappointment because the shrimp failed to add to the team effort of the other ingredients: the shrimp had no taste of its own. It reminded me of the tasteless cooked shrimp laid out in a ring that's sold in some supermarkets. Sauteing or simmering the shrimp in something seasoned would have made this dish better. Otherwise, a very nice restaurant and I would try it again.