“Happy Hour (not) at High Noon”

High Noon Restaurant & Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
High Noon Restaurant & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Bloomington
“Happy Hour (not) at High Noon”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had eaten a large lunch and so stopped at High Noon just for a drink. We wished we were hungry because it is such a wonderful place. The Happy hour is a great bargain. It matches the happy hours in Mexico for value and the Margaritas are very excellent. The staff was is very friendly and attentive. We will definitely go back to try the food on our next time in Albuquerque.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“We will not be back.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I live about 15 minutes from High Noon and when we found a coupon for it, decided to give it a shot. Arrived a little early so we had a drink at the bar--was surprised the bartender had a single malt scotch--only one, but not unusual. Seated at out table, our waitress was very pleasant, prompt and attentive. Had the red chili pepper steak (something) for appetizer---it was outstanding and I found myself thinking that if the rest of the meal was on a par we found a place to come back to on a regular basis. I order one of the specials--a NY strip that featured green chili mashed. My wife ordered the round steak. Food arrived a --several-- minutes after we finished our salads (no biggie) it looked delicious. It went straight down hill from there. Wife's steak was tough as leather and her potatoes were kinda sorta ok. My steak was inedible--I got a sore jaw from chewing on the first piece and the green chili potatoes I was anticipating were stone A** cold. I don't mean room temp cool, I mean COLD. I can forgive a tough steak as it's something you cannot predict. TWO tough steaks however tell me something is wrong. Cold food that should be hot---TOTALLY unacceptable. Another problem (as far as I'm concerned) was that after telling our waitress we got NO response from either a manager or owner. Yes, they comp'd my steak. After my wife telling her her's was as tough they should have comp'd hers as well. (she had taken about 3 or 4 slices from it. It was OBVIOUS it was unacceptable.) I was seriously anticipating going back on a regular basis as a "special" treat. I think not.

1 Thank Bob G
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“We were celebrating an anniversary and wanted true southwestern ambience and great food. This place was recommended.”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were seated at a table we didn't like (I've since learned not to allow that). Our waiter wasn't friendly or particularly professional. I expected to find things on the menu that would make it difficult to choose. Instead there was little there to make me want to stay.

Baltimore, Maryland
“A fine restaurant with a saloon name”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Although by the name, one would think this was a bar with food, it is really a fine restaurant with a good bar. Service was attentive and professional without being overly familiar and casual. The short ribs were wonderful and very tender, with a nice spice. Portions are huge, we could not finish either entree. Sometimes that is a indicator that the restaurant favors quantitiy over quality, but that was not the case here. The bar area is very nicely designed, intimate and cozy, with a fireplace, and well designed lighting.

Drinks are well crafted and generous, and the price for everything was fair. The dining room could use some artwork on the walls.

Recommended

Raleigh
“A wonderful surprise”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were a little skeptical at first but soon realized we had stumbled into the right place. Gold coin margaritas were outstanding! Service was fast, friendly, and attentive without being intrusive. We ordered one entree to share and it was more food than we could eat. We actually thought our server misunderstood and brought out two of the same. In truth, their prices were a little on the high side, but when one entree fed two people, we couldn't complain. The atmosphere is very cool with low doorways and uneven floors. High Noon provided just the refreshment we needed after a long, cold day touring Old Town.

1 Thank Mark B