“Good Food and Reasonable Prices.”
Review of Casa de Benavidez

Casa de Benavidez
Ranked #78 of 1,768 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Corrales, New Mexico
“Good Food and Reasonable Prices.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Not the best ambiance, but the food is always really good.
Their Carne Adovada is wonderful and the chile is hot.

Visited August 2012

Village of Los Ranchos
“1st best patio in the Village of Los Ranchos, tied 1st in ABQ!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Started out small, but accomplished the American Dream of building a viable Small Business here along 4th St. NW on what was El Camino Real between Sante Fe and Mexico City and a pre 1937 portion on the initial Route 66! While I enjoy sit-down meals in 'the front of the house', I get the Stuffed Sopapilla con Chicharones y Beans con red y xtra onions out the back door at least twice a month!!!!

Visited December 2012
San Bernardino, California
“My favorite place...”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I really enjoy this place. I have always had a good time. I always order the combination plate that includes a Chile Relleno (the best I ever tasted), Cheese Enchilada (I choose 1/2 red 1/2 green aka Christmas, on my enchilada) Rice, Beans and mmmm Sopapillas. They always include a "rib" and I always enjoy that little bonus. On a warm summer day or evening its nice to sit outside on the patio. I have great memories here, as it was the very first restaurant I visited on my first visit ever to New Mexico (July 4th week 2010). Of course to me New Mexico mexican-american food and So. Cal mexican american food is a bit different, but I enjoy both. Family owned and I will always come here when I visit my favorite state, New Mexico...

• Visited July 2012
“TOO SPICY FOR ME!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Went with our family of 5. Was ready for a big plate of enchiladas, but that didn't happen. Their sauce choices were either red chili (basically fire in your mouth) or green (not quite as hot fire). I asked for samples to see what I was going to be getting into. They were both inedible by someone like me who doesn't do spice at all. After ruling that out, I decided on a chimichanga, but that included the chili sauce as well. I said FINE just some nachos, but those had green chili cheese (more fire). I opted for just a plain taco. Very disappointed. My kids ordered the ribs since those aren't spicy.

• Visited October 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spicy!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is the real deal when it comes to mexican cuisine. Authentic to the core. You have to enjoy the heat, everything is spicy. If you don't like hot mexican food, this is not for you. But if you do, this is the best. Family owned and operated. Everything is made from scratch using grandma's recipies. This is my favorite so far in Albuquerque.

Visited August 2012