“Nice place to relax”

High Finance Restaurant
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tramway Blvd.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Don't expect the food quality to match the price. This lace is about the atmosphere and relaxing, not an every day go out to dinner place. The salads are fresh and the beef is a good choice. Lunch is not as good as dinner though you will pay more for dinner. Overall it is a wonderful place to take friends and family from out of town up the tram and out to dinner. Th lights of the city are incredible to see after sunset.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We booked a 7:00 reservation here so that we could watch the sunset after riding the tram up to the peak. It was actually very nice - it was a clear day and the sunset was lovely. Dinner was good - no complaints. It wasn't out of this world good but it met our expectations. Ask for a table along the window for the best views but understand that there will be people walking along the walkway right outside who are also looking at the sunset. If that bothers you get a table ont he next level up closer the bar.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We ate lunch here after hiking in the freezing wind and it was great. My husband and I eat calamari all the time and this was just about the best we have had. He had the salmon burger and loved it. I had the sirloin pita and it was also good.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have talked about going to High Finance every time we visit Santa Fe but have never been able to work it into our plans. This time, it was the first thing that we planned. The tram ride to the top was awesome with the sun low on the horizon and a good chill in the air. On top it was 38 degree with the winds blowing between 30 and 40 miles per hour. Have to remember this is early April! We were shown to our table almost immediately. Our server, Issac, came by about 5 minutes later to introduce himself and take our drink order. This was where the good service came to an end. After delivering out drinks and taking our dinner order, he was to say the least, a ghost except when the couple across from us needed another bottle of wine. Our dinner finally arrived after several other tables, that had been seated after us, had gotten their food. I ordered the filet, medium rare, and it was excellent. My wife ordered the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, medium and it came out totally overcooked with no juice left in the meet. We sat there for probably 10 to 15 minutes waiting on Issac to come by but he had disappeared totally. I finally went to the check in desk and asked to have a manager come by. Well, as soon as she started walking to our table, who should appear, Issac. In short, they took my wife's dinner to the kitchen, she ate half of my steak, and upon leaving, I made sure to tell the manager that Issac needed to go back to Servers 101. We'll go again, as most of the people around us had good service. The sunset at 10,500 feet is breathtaking.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Road the tram up for dinner and drinks to celebrate my sons promotion. Dinner and drinks were over $200.00 a little over priced for what we had. The food was above average but nothing special. We timed our dinner to be in the restaurant at sunset, a very worthwhile plan. We had made reservations to ensure we had a window table to see the sunset. Everything went as planned. The tram ride and dinner were a good way to celebrate our event but not something to do for an average evening on the town.