“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of High Finance Restaurant - CLOSED

High Finance Restaurant
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tramway Blvd.
Tucson
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

After hiking around Sandia Peak, my son and I had a light lunch at High Finance. We each had the chili, which is made with chunks of beef, and shared chips and salsa. Add a hot chocolate and a beer, and we had a very enjoyable meal after hiking Sandia Peak for a couple of hours.

Visited February 2013

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“Breathtaking view and splendid lunch”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This unique restaurant sits atop Sandia Peak, high above Albuquerque. The scenic tram ride to the top of the peak, where the restaurant is perched, covered over 2 miles in 15 minutes. Once there the restaurant featured a wall of windows overlooking the vista. Ordering the turkey grinder, I was amazed to see it covered with red peppers, onions, and provolone cheese. The fresh made cole slaw was great. The bowl of New York style clam chowder was delicious and full of clams. The special treat was the Sandia drink. The specialty drink menu had a nice selection of unusual combinations. The chef's creations did not disappoint. Nathan, the server provided outstanding service. I would definitely recommend High Finance Restaurant any time you are high above Albuquerque.

• Visited February 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Just fine, considering the location”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Atop Sandia Peak, High Finance isn't five stars, but it's decent and the view can't be beat. The staff is very friendly — and they accommodated our huge group with grace.

Visited January 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The last time we were there we took a friend from California, on Valentine's Day. The views are usually just phenomenal, as they were that day. We had a waitress with a salty attitude, which started things off on the wrong foot, The kitchen was out of my first choice, so I selected a steak medium-rare. It should have been cooked over a pretty hot grill, but came to me cold and pale-pink/tan on the inside. I suspect it had been sitting, waiting to be picked up for too long. For the first time in my life, I sent it back to the kitchen and asked for something else. This made my tablemates uncomfortable to eat since I couldn't . . . but we tried to make the best of the meal. We have been up to High Finance on a couple of other occasions before this one . . . which is why we felt it would be a good choice . . . and the views can never be beat . . . but I'm going to have to give it a lot of though before we go again.

Visited February 2012
Florida
“Good food at high altitude”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Get a table near the window, preferably at the west end of the building. You can see better! beautiful views and good food for a reasonable price.

Visited August 2012