“Breathtaking view and splendid lunch”
Review of High Finance Restaurant - CLOSED

High Finance Restaurant
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tramway Blvd.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This unique restaurant sits atop Sandia Peak, high above Albuquerque. The scenic tram ride to the top of the peak, where the restaurant is perched, covered over 2 miles in 15 minutes. Once there the restaurant featured a wall of windows overlooking the vista. Ordering the turkey grinder, I was amazed to see it covered with red peppers, onions, and provolone cheese. The fresh made cole slaw was great. The bowl of New York style clam chowder was delicious and full of clams. The special treat was the Sandia drink. The specialty drink menu had a nice selection of unusual combinations. The chef's creations did not disappoint. Nathan, the server provided outstanding service. I would definitely recommend High Finance Restaurant any time you are high above Albuquerque.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Atop Sandia Peak, High Finance isn't five stars, but it's decent and the view can't be beat. The staff is very friendly — and they accommodated our huge group with grace.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The last time we were there we took a friend from California, on Valentine's Day. The views are usually just phenomenal, as they were that day. We had a waitress with a salty attitude, which started things off on the wrong foot, The kitchen was out of my first choice, so I selected a steak medium-rare. It should have been cooked over a pretty hot grill, but came to me cold and pale-pink/tan on the inside. I suspect it had been sitting, waiting to be picked up for too long. For the first time in my life, I sent it back to the kitchen and asked for something else. This made my tablemates uncomfortable to eat since I couldn't . . . but we tried to make the best of the meal. We have been up to High Finance on a couple of other occasions before this one . . . which is why we felt it would be a good choice . . . and the views can never be beat . . . but I'm going to have to give it a lot of though before we go again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Get a table near the window, preferably at the west end of the building. You can see better! beautiful views and good food for a reasonable price.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of a business associate who said the views were spectacular. We came with the thought tht we were going for the views not the food. Prices are about 10 - 15 per appetizer and 20 -30 for entrees. The same as a high end restaurant in a big city but with an awesome view!! We watched the sun set and ate our meal which made for A very romantic dinner. If you want to go here please keep in mind that it is higher priced probably because its 10000 feet in the air!! We had a superb time and planto go again soon. Ps. Make a reservation as I'm sure that you need one and bear in mind that you have to wait for the tram and it takes 15 minutes to get up there.