“Great Service with a smile!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The food was great and it was served with a smile! One of our steaks was not cooked like our friend wanted it so the waiter took it back with a smile and the manager brought it back and made sure it was perfect which it was. Great time!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We ate here in late February. Arrived about 9pm Friday Evening.
We were seated quickly and the waitress took our order. My margarita was
so cloying sweet I had to send it back. I ordered a straight shot of tequila.
Had to ask the waitress twice to get the drink. Caesar salad looked as if it
had been left out all day. Soup was totally cold. Sent it back. Never saw the waitress
again until she walked by and literally threw the check on the table. Never got
the soup back. Had to have the margarita and the soup removed from the check.
Spoke to the twenty-something year old manager about our awful experience and
he just stood there with his mouth hanging open. No apologies, nothing.
We left thinking we will never visit an Outback again.

2  Thank MaribellaF
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I don't often leave negative commentary. In this case, we used to really like Outback. Our most recent visit ended with about half the 12 person table sending their meal back for repairs and maintenance. If that doesn't meet unacceptable, I don't know what else could go wrong. This was our last visit.

2  Thank jfslenes
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I'm a lamb lover, I look for it on every menu at every restrant I go to because my wife only makes it for me if I beg her because she will not eat it, so when we go out which is every week we go to differant restrants to try things we don't have at home or when I want her to be pampered, which to me would be every day if I could. so when I take her to the out back it is always a fun night you have great servers, great menu, great beers and by far the best food in the world of New mexico. I always order the lamb which is always cooked like my mother or sister would cook it melts in your mouth. and worth every penny you spend.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was our second visit to this restaurant in six years. Today's visit showed no improvement in service, or food quality since our last visit. It was bad then. Hence, the six year abscence.

We were celebrating our anniversary and decided to try the four- for- 15 special. Our salads and soups were okay. Each salad was tasty and well prepared. The soup was a ghastly gelatinous mass of what would have otherwise been a good soup. I only ate half my portion. Had to force it down.

My dinner partner's entree of shrimp was just fine. Cooked to order and served nicely. However, my 6 oz steak was ordered medium well. The server confirmed by indicating a warm, pink center. I said yes. What arrived was this side of jerky. That is the term used by the server when I sent it back. It took way too long for them to replace my meal. My dinner partner was already through with his desert before they returned to the table with my steak. This one was well done as well. Though much more chew friendly than the shoe leather served earlier.

The server and all the employees (except the sniffy hostess---she was so much better than me, apparently in so many ways) were very friendly and polite throughout the meal.

There is no excuse for a steak restaurant to be unable to cook a steak to order---twice sending me a very well done piece of meat hoping I wouldn't notice that there was no pink anywhere. And for them to take nearly 35 minutes to replace my meal is simply unacceptable.

This was our second and last visit to the Outback Steakhouse. The promise of a full course meal at a reasonable price fades quickly when served improperly cooked food twice. Fool me once---shame on you. Fool me twice---shame on me. I concur with Cactus140. It could have been better. Much, much better.