“Mama Mia That's Good Italian!”
Review of M'tucci's Italian

M'tucci's Italian
Reserve with OpenTable
M'tucci's Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 1,836 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Montano and Coors Blvd
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I tried for the first time this restaraunt last night and it was excellent! I had spaghetti and meat balls it was as good as I have ever had. My wife had a half chicken that she said was very good, moist and flavored well. Even the bread is unusually good compared to most italian restaurants in town. They don't have much gluten free meals so I can't give it the best in town award but it is certainly in the top 5 in my book.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly. The choice of food ranges from pastas to steaks. I had the ribeye and it didn't disappoint. I like how you can half serving of salad or pasta. That definitely is bonus when dining with children. I highly recommend this restaurant. Great food great prices!

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in after hearing about the place in a couple of local magazines. We were not disappointed. We both had pasta dishes (shrimp diablo and pappardelle/sausage), which were super tasty with the pasta cooked just right. We also ordered some of their speciality cocktails from Cory who knows how to mix a smooth drink. Kyle was also behind the bar & was helpful and a good conversationalist. We will definitely be back even though it is a bit of a trek from our house. If you want to have Italian in Albuquerque, go to this restaurant!

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We live within walking distance of this charming restaurant and I am happy to say so after trying it out! It was date night for the hubby and me and we had such a great time! We were early for our reservations on a Saturday night and were seated right away at a corner booth table with a view of the Sandias. The atmosphere is cool and there is a very happening vibe going on there - the place was buzzing! (But we could still hear to have a conversation.)

We were pleased with the prices and portions. We had the antipasto platter for appetizer - this included reasonable portions of prosciutto, roasted red pepper, good black olives with pits, marinated mushrooms, and feta for $7 (and I may still be missing something)! We each had a cocktail from the bar; honestly, I think they could've used more alcohol but they weren't too sweet, which is key. My husband enjoyed his shrimp diablo - the shrimp were not overcooked! I ordered the penne with mushrooms and it was very good with a light citrus and wine sauce; I was trying to be healthy but I should've just gone for what I REALLY wanted - the wide pasta with house-made sausage. I saw it come out to the next table and it looked delicious! Finally, we split the molten chocolate cake, which was incredible; our server confirmed that the desserts are made in-house by their own pastry chef.

So, all in all, we will be walking hand-in-hand to many more delicious meals at this delightful addition to the Burque dining scene. I will add, it was definitely kid- friendly and we will bring our kids sometime too!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

What a pleasant surprise on the Westside. I am certainly not an expert in Italian Cuisine and that comes from very little exposure to authentic or "real" Italian cooking, however, if M'Tucci Kitchina is the real thing - I like it! I was told that all their pasta is homemeade and that they use local products and I could taste the difference. I had the Pappardella Con Porcini and could eat that dish regularly as it was delicious. The pappardella had very distinct texture and the mushrooms lent to the explosion of flavor in the cream sauce. Too bad the bread was so scarce at the table as I could have cleaned my plate a little better! The atmosphere was very comfortable and not too stuffy. The one criticism that I had was the service delivery was slow, it took a while for our food to get to us. The service and the waitstaff were excellent, but it took a long time for the food to reach our table. In this instance, the time with my family and the quality of the food made the wait worthwhile. I would like to see a more timely dinner service in the future though.

1  Thank NM4Life