“A Fun Place”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Raynolds Addition
Description: Tucanos is an experiential dining, family-friendly destination that combines the unique serving style of the traditional Brazilian grilling, referred to as "churrasco" (shoe-HAS-ko) - an exhibition-style meal surrounded by flames and colors, with the flair and festivity of the beaches of Rio de Janeiro. The cuisine features specially seasoned or marinated meats and vegetables (nearly 20 varieties), grilled and then served hot off the skewers at each table until the guest's appetite is fully gratified. Guests will find one-of-a-kind touches at the restaurant abound, including the color-coded, Tucanos Cue. Placing the Tucanos cue green side up lets the entree servers know that guests would like the parade of seasoned meats, vegetables and fresh pineapple brought to the table. Expertly trained meat servers then slice sizzling portions off skewers directly onto diners' plates. Tucanos also offers an abundant and award-winning Salad Festival, featuring more than 70 items.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The first time I was there was in 2004 and I absolutely loved it! Ever since then, I have been looking forward to going again. I got my chance when I spent the month of September and part of October visiting NM again...and I made sure I got to go to this restaurant again!
It has an amazing salad bar with all kinds of interesting things I never saw before, so it's fun to put a bit of everything on your plate. Go hungry because the servers who go around with the different meats on the skewers will continue to come to your table to offer things to you as long as you keep the green side up! (You'll understand this if you go.) My personal favorite is the grilled pineapple!

If you leave this place hungry, it will be your own fault!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Good food and GREAT service. I was skeptical as I am a typical steak guy but this was a fantastic place to get a taste of different meats! Also a fun and not terribly expensive place.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We ate there with 4 other people. The place was packed. We had called ahead for a reservation,arrived on time and waited about 10-15 minutes. Acceptable considering the crowd. We had very good service. The staff was very accommodating with the different temperatures we wanted for our meats. The grilled pineapple was delicious. The salad bar was also very good with many choices. I had an excellent caiparina. We would go back. Word of advice: make reservations for weekends and bring ID no matter how old you are. They card everyone

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a good Brazilian BBQ restaurant in Albuquerque on Central Ave. The grilled pineapple is fantastic! The service is good, the salad bar is much better than I expected. The grilled meats are pretty good and the prices are reasonable. A good dining option if you find yourself in Albuquerque!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We decided to take my mother who is visiting to what we thought was a nice restaurant. In the past, you had wait staff buzzing all around you offering a taste of everything, this time, you had to find them and beg them for a sample. I got better service serving myself at the salad bar than anything else. I wasn't looking to be a pig about the food, but paying $23 per person for the food and drink and to have only the salad bar for a selection isn't my idea of money well spent.

The waitress was either in hiding or she had better things to do with her time.

Next to us they sat a family of six (6), they got their drinks and headed to the salad bar. While they were getting their salads, the bus boy decided that he needed to clear off the table. One of the family members came back to the table and asked what he was doing, talk about the old "deer in the headlights", then he tries to blame the waitress.

I've been to many different restaurants of this type all over the US and this time had to be the worst time ever for Tucanos. I hope that this was simply a bad day, but if this type of service continues, it won't be long before the unemployment line swells with the added employees from this restaurant.

I decided to not talk with the manager, as I wasn't in the mood for excuses or apologies. If management is reading this, then you know what you need to do to get things back on track, if not then I'll find some other business that is willing to provide the service and food.

1  Thank Shadow14