“Too much "melting pots" ... too little food.”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Ranked #686 of 1,781 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Indian School and Uptown Loop
Transit: For more information check out: http://www.cabq.gov/transit/rapidbus3.html
USA
“Too much "melting pots" ... too little food.”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We paid over $60 for food that cost maybe $3 wholesale and was not prepared well. Very little flavor. ACK!!!

Visited September 2012

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“The Old Town location was much cozier and romantic.”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I once vowed to come here every Valentine's Day. Lover's Lane, private two person booths, was so romantic and cozy and it was fun to linger over every course. This was our first time to the new uptown location and it just wasn't the same. The food was still yummy and fun - we love the traditional Swiss fondue and the fusion main course with lobster and other proteins - but the atmosphere was plastic-y and strip mall-ish. Not the cozy warmth of Old Town adobe with low ceilings and brick floors. I suspect we'll be coming less frequently as a result.

• Visited May 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Casual and special at the same time”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went to the Melting Pot late on a Sunday night and enjoyed the full cheese-entre-chocolate fondue for over two hours. Was never rushed by the wait staff, was looked in on by a manager several times to make sure things were going well and that we were happy. The food and service were first rate, yet it felt very casual and those around us were obviously enjoying the same quiet conversation and relaxed atmosphere as we were.

Visited April 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Watch out for over charges! (And male waiters who touch their hair)”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My sister and I treated our mother to a girls lunch. When we ordered the waiter attempted to be "super waiter" and not write the order down...big mistake. He ordered 3 drinks from the bar which we didn't order. No apologies were given and finally the water we ordered was finally given to us. During the preperation of the cooking he kept touching hiss hair...gross. After he left, he never checked on our table about refills of our daughter's sodas or our water glasses. When he finally arrived to the table he gathered up his cocking pots and left for about 15 minutes. When he brought the bill we noticed the initial alcohol drinks "love potions" at 9.50 each were still on the check. We informed the waiter and his repsonse was "we're slammed". About 10-15 minutes later he brought the debit cards and found he still charged us for the drinks. We waited till the busser came around to clean our table and asked if he could get the waiter for us. When he did come over he stated again, "we're slammed" (this is making me think he didn't have time for this ). This time his manager arrived to our table and gave us the corrected checks. We asked if we could have copies of the initial refunds she stated the receipts she gave show the refund. What she referred to was the love potion drinks. So we became frustrated with her and decided to leave and ck our bank accounts the next day. WOW.....when I called the bank, the manager or "pony tail" boy ran the card for 71.44, 67.45, and 144.25. The correct price was 67.45. Neither one of the employees told me the charges were ran. (Taking ownership is important in customer service). I called the restaurant after 2pm (the have limited customer service hours) and left a message for the manager. I called later that night and spoke with the manager who I believe made the error. I told her about the charges on my account and her response was to wait 10 to 14 days and if the refund was not there she would speak to my bank on my behalf. (Now wasn't that nice?) I had to practically beg her to speak with the owner about getting a letter for my bank in regards of the error. I had to follow up with her in regards of the letter. She said she really didn't have the time to take care of this since the were slammed...and that's my problem? She faxed the letter to my office and requested I speak to the General Manager and gave me his personal cell number. When I spoke to the gen mgr. he really didn't care again, "we were slammed that day". That seems to be a trend. The GM was very rude and didn't handle the situation correctly. His attitude towards customer service reflects on his employees attitude.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Angela M
“Expensive valentine”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I went for the valentine's day special, advertised at around $65 each but the bill actually came to $90 each with no extras! Our waiter was having a bad day, the chairs were uncomfortabe and atmosphere lacking. We picked the wrong day for our first experience here.

• Visited February 2013