“The food was Awefull!!!!!!!”

Scalo Northern Italian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Scalo Northern Italian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,781 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Carlisle
Description: Located in the heart of Nob Hill on the corner of Carlisle and Central, Scalo offers an atmosphere that is casually elegant and service which is attentive and knowledgeable. Scalo uses locally grown organic produce and offers classic handmade Northern cuisine with a seasonal menu that changes with the harvests.
Manchester, MO
“The food was Awefull!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were in town tonight for dinner and decided to go to your restaurant. There was a crowd, outdoor seating and a nice band so we thought it would make an enjoyable evening. I ordered the special pasta and was extremely disappointed. When it was served all of the seafood was cold, but the past was hot. I told the waiter and he took the food back. 10 minutes later it came back out and it was hot, but it was clear the food as just put on a new dish and rewarmed because there was no sauce on it. It was really bad and I could eat it. The waiter took my plate and didn't offer anything and I was really shocked when went to pay for the meal and my dinner was still on the receipt.

Albuquerque
“Sunday Brunch or Dinner”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had made reservations for dinner at La Provence, but found the restaurant closed. I was referred to Scalo's for diner and I consider it a good recommendation. I enjoy Scalo for brunch, but found previously dinner was overpriced for the quality of the food and the service---Not anymore. Dinner tonight was the best ever. I had the veal picatta, I felt like I was in Italy again. Service was great. The restaurant can still get a bit noisy depending on where you are sitting, I recommend next to the window inside. I would highly recommend to rediscover Scalo in Nob Hill.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Scalo is consistently excellent. Highly recommended.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have lived through Scalo's ups and downs and it has lived with mine. I was there when it opened. There when it changed hands. New chefs, new menus, remodels, etc. We have shared many special occasions. I have sworn it off and then come back. Recent experiences show me it is very good to excellent, consistent, and sometimes surprisingly great. The specials are usually really special. I have learned to try them. Last night was scallops and they were excellent. My date had bianci y neri pasta off the menu and she loved it. The wines are carefully selected and excellent. The list invites you to take a chance. Do it. You won't be disappointed. The restaurant always offers great service. The outdoor seating is a relaxing casual experience. Indoor is elegant. The bar is always good, with interesting people watching and consistently good music on weekends. I have experienced one or two off-days at Scalo, but they are very rare and could be attributed to the weather, sun spots, or my own mood. If you need the experience to be just right, odds are, it will be at Scalo.

Penticton, Canada
“Excellent Authentic Italian Food”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our hotel recommended Scalo's for a group that just met on a business trip. Located in Nob Hill near the University, the area seems it may be buzzing with activity on weekends.

They have a varied menu of authentic Italian dishes creatively spun to tingle your taste buds. We had a large group of 10 people and everyone seemed pleased with their selection. The pizza looks exactly like the pizza in Italy! I had pasta stuffed with short ribs and it was very good. The portions are reasonable; however, don't seem like enough food for the price. Bread, salad and good selection of dessert; there is also a very large selection of cocktails, wine and beer (10-page menu for beverages).

Service was excellent, our waiter spoke Italian and was very knowledgeable and informed of the menu and ingredients. Quick service for the large group.

This is a slightly expensive restaurant but a good treat if you are looking for a hearty meal.

• Visited June 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexioc
“Rediscovering Scalo Northern Italian Grill”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I have always enjoyed Scalo, but, had not been in a while. This past weekend we decided to go back. I must admit, it was the best it has been in a few years. As always, we like a window seat overlooking Central Ave. Scalo has a “big city” feel inside especially with the open kitchen. The first sign of a good restaurant is the bread…and Scalo’s bread is excellent. Scalo has a very nice list of wines (especially Italian) that are priced fairly. To start off, we had an amazing and generous cheese plate (Drunken Goat and an excellent type of blue cheese with great fruit (apricots and figs). In addition they had a special caprese salad with fresh tomatoes and tasty mozzarella and basil. I applaud Scalo for only serving it when they have quality tomatoes. Our entrees were superb. I had the veal piccata substituting saturate spinach for pasta. This dish has improved since my last visit. My wife had Costola Breve (short ribs). They were meaty and perfectly done served with polenta with a nice wine sauce. Our server was able to order up fresh strawberries and cream for dessert. In addition, they have good coffee that actually comes hot.
BW was our server and was one of the better waiters we have had in Albuquerque. He knows his stuff and did not have to look at a cheat sheet.
We have decided we need to get back to visiting Scalo on a regular basis.

• Visited June 2013