“Nice place”

Scalo Northern Italian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Scalo Northern Italian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,763 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Carlisle
Description: Located in the heart of Nob Hill on the corner of Carlisle and Central, Scalo offers an atmosphere that is casually elegant and service which is attentive and knowledgeable. Scalo uses locally grown organic produce and offers classic handmade Northern cuisine with a seasonal menu that changes with the harvests.
Albuquerque
“Nice place”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We were seated by the hostess, but after two minutes, we requested a seat change. We were under an intense ceiling fan by the open kitchen, and it was noisy and cold. Our seat relocation was a little better, but we still think this is a slightly noisy place. Service was slow to find us, but was adequate throughout the meal. The dinner salads and pasta entrees were delicious. We shared a creme brulee for dessert, another yummy item. All in all, for a special occasion, this place was all right, but not necessarily a knockout. I'll bet prom goers would like it. We might come back and try the patio when it's warmer, but I have issues sitting in the middle of the parking lot.

New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great lunch with family”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I met our daugher who is attending college at UNM (go Lobos) for an early dinner this weekend and decided to go to Scalos. We arrived for our 5:00 reservation and the place was already pretty buzzing. We were seated immediatly in the covere outdoor area and greeted by our waitress. She was very pleasant and throughout the meal attentive without being overly so. The food (Antipasto, pizza, pasta dishes, and the desert sampler) were perfect, and the atmosphere was great. Highly enjoyable and recommended!

• Visited March 2013
Santa Fe, NM
“Good, dependable dining”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've eaten at Scalo often when in Albuquerque and have found it to be very good in all ways. Service is prompt, food is tasty and nicely presented, and prices are fair. My last visit was at the end of February when I took a friend there for her birthday; she had never eaten there before and said she really liked it and wanted to return. She ordered a simple pasta dish and salad, and I had salmon; both were generous portions and delicious. I wouldn't describe Scalo as gourment dining, but it is very consistent and that is reassuring when choosing a restaurant that isn't in your hometown. When the weather is warm enough, there is an outdoor patio, it's adjacent to a busy street so I ususally don't opt to eat in that area. When I have, I've found it to be too noisy with all the nearby traffic.

• Visited February 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Given up on this restaurant”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The reputation Scalo has is one of being great gourmet food. The last time I went there, they didn't even put the ingrediant in the name-sake dish (i.e. there was no gnocchi in the gnocchi dish!!) and a time before the dish called for shrimp and I had to search to finally find one! Good grief - and then when I complained to the hostess as we were leaving, all she could say was "better luck next time" - obviously there won't be a next time.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Julie C
State College, PA
“Fresh and delicious food, excellent service, delightful overall”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our group of four (from out of town) had a wonderful evening here over dinner. The waiter was very helpful as we chose our entrees, and each of us was very pleased with our choice. He did make one mistake in bringing our order but rectified it quickly. His service was well-timed and charming. The noise level was just right- bustling enough to feel lively, but not too loud for conversation (even for the hearing-challenged). We lingered over wine after we finished because the atmosphere was so comfortable and pleasant. Ask the waiter what to order- that may be the difference between the less satisfied diners and our experience (the waiter actually steered us away from one of the specials).

• Visited March 2013