“Consistenly Tasty Food”

Scalo Northern Italian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Scalo Northern Italian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,819 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Carlisle
Description: Located in the heart of Nob Hill on the corner of Carlisle and Central, Scalo offers an atmosphere that is casually elegant and service which is attentive and knowledgeable. Scalo uses locally grown organic produce and offers classic handmade Northern cuisine with a seasonal menu that changes with the harvests.
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Scalo is another of my favorite places to take business guests. This Italian eatery is located on Central near UNM and is always packed. And you will see why. They feature an extensive Italian menu featuring all the favorites and many of their own dishes. Whether you are looking for a wood fired oven pizza or a more traditional pasta or a heavier veal, beef or fish dish, Scalos has it.

This particular evening I dined with a business colleague. I started with an Arugula salad with parmesan and tomatoes. Simple but tasty. The main course was a generous piece of grilled salmon served with polenta. It was very nicely done. My colleague ordered a pasta dish of ravioli with spinach and ricotta. It smelled and looked delicious.

We didn't have a dessert this particular time but their dessert menu looked scrumptious.

Service was attentive. Prices were reasonable ($12-$32). We were seated immediately.

I will be back with clients.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

It was after a very long day at work when we dined at Scalo. The service was great from the hostess to the waitress and bartender. Starting with 2 mojitos, we decided to have the roasted beet ravioli for an appetizer and my friend had the filet with some fabulous risotto and asparagus, which was completely gone, and I had a lovely bibb salad wrapped in prociutto with figs, walnuts, and gorgonzola. Everything was delicious. We finished with an expresso and the polenta pound cake topped with berries and cream. The lovely GM, Elaine was there and made everything just perfect! We will be back!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have not been to the restaurant for about a year since we live out of town. The bread tasted like it was out of a bag, just soft and tasteless. Then there was a big black hair in my husband's salad. The ravioli that i had was good but only 5 small ravioli's for the price. My sister had to send back her mussels because she asked for no garlic but it was presented with garlic anyway. The service was good but the food very disappointing. Too bad.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Delicious pasta/seafood dishes - the warm caramel bread pudding was to die for! Bread was so so - the only semi-disappointing part of the meal. Located in Nob Hill, it's a fun section of town to walk around in as well.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Went to Scalo before heading to hospital for scheduled inducement of labor with my wife. My filet was cooked perfectly. The mushroom risotto was an amazing side. The beef was topped with a creamy melted cheese that did not overpower the natural beef flavor. Beer selection = excellent. I had a taster before ordering a pint of the La Cumbre Porter as a dessert while my wife thoroughly enjoyed her Budino. The service and pacing was perfect. Healthy baby boy the next day!