“Big Calzones”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Acworth, Georgia
“Big Calzones”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was in Albuquerque on business at the end of October with a colleague, and Saggio's was recommended to us by the hotel clerk. The atmosphere was a combination sports bar and pizza place, which was fine for me. It was also pretty busy, and there were a LOT of TV's, all showing various sporting events (especially the World Series). The staff was friendly and patient, as their menu is pretty large and it took us a bit of time to figure out exactly what we wanted. The calzone I (finally) ordered was very big and quite good. Not the best I ever had (I am from New York) but still tasty and packed with cheese and meat. A good selection of beer on tap was also pretty helpful. All in all, a very good pizza/sports bar, with a good vibe (contemporary enough without being trendy).

ABQ
“WE love this pizza!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I are pizzaholics, 'nuff said. After a Popejoy performance, we and a small group of 10 others stopped by for a slice or two. Again, I had forgotten how big and chocked full of stuff their entrees are. We (my wife and I) had a 16" pizza, and it was tasty - their versions of sausage and Canadian bacon are unique. The pizza crust is thick, good amount of sauce, cheese abundant. The two of us ate 1/2 and brought the other half home for a take-home dinner. Ziti was across the table from us - big! Pasta and huge salads were elsewhere for our group, and the kids had pizza slices which took an awfully long time for them to eat. The place has an atmosphere of a sports bar, with lots of TVs. You order at a central location for food and regular drinks and take to your table. You want a beer? Go to the beer bar. You want a dessert, go to the dessert bar. We had fun and good feeling and food. What more can you ask?

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank WILLIAM B
Toronto, Canada
“You don't have to be a student”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

One of the tastiest pizzas we've ever had. And not loaded with salt. The supposedly only 10" Mediterranean was plenty for two of us. The first time a restaurant has actually paid attention to the crust, with offerings like basil pesto. For once it's not just bread holding up toppings. With the bargain-priced bottle of wine we were totally delighted with the meal. Next time we may try the tempting salads. Great ambiance, with clever and interesting murals. A student hangout right outside UNM, but everyone feels welcome. You order at a cash, pick up your alcohol at a bar (most patrons and workers are under 21) and a buzzer lets you know when the order is ready. So no tipping required. Didn't even see the ubiquitous tip jar. Sometimes it's good to hang out near-impoverished students.

Moline, Illinois, United States
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I were visiting NM and our friend, who lives in Albuquerque, took us to Saggio's. Both my husband and I ended up absolutely loving that restaurant. The atmosphere and decorations were awesome - very hip and different feel. The food was amazing, I had hard time not finishing up everything on the table. I really liked the fact that the whole separate room was dedicated to a bar area. Cannot wait to go back!

Visited October 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Never Dissapoints”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Saggios is always good. The atmosphere is quickly, friendly, and fun. The food is solid, not the best in the world, but always good. Pizzas can be a bit oily/greasy, pastas are always spot on.