“Very yummy”

Cuisines: Mexican
Lothian, Maryland
“Very yummy”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

First, you need to know it is a cash only restaurant. With that, this is a great hole in the wall family place. If you go at lunch time, be prepared for a line but it's worth it. Everything is great, fresh, and meals come with a warm smile!

1 Thank carolann k

• Korean first
“Great neighborhood New Mexican restaraunt”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The place is always packed at lunch & dinner because they have really good New Mexican food at reasonable prices. It isn't a fancy design like the big restaurants in town, just tables & chairs in strip shopping center but that doesn't seem to bother any of the many customers that crowd in it during the week. It is not open weekends. Their Tacos and Enchiladas are excellent.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank SunnQ
Orlando, Florida
“Sopapillas are worth the visit alone”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This place is nothing fancy to look at, that's for sure. The restaurant is part of a rundown strip mall and the inside looks like a cafeteria from the 80s. Still, the service was quick, maybe too quick, but they were in the middle of the lunch rush so I guess I can't blame them. Our server took our order and in less than 10 minutes our food was in front of us. Both hubby and I agreed the food was good but not amazing. The one exception would be the sopapillas and the tableside agave. Being from Florida where we don't have this kind of thing at our Mexican restaurants it was a real treat. The sopapillas were big, cooked lightly and perfectly and were crisp on the outside but pillowy soft inside. I had to control myself not to eat the whole basket! Definitely the best we had while in ABQ. I would recommend this little place, for sure.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank lleeggssk9
San Diego, California, United States
“Albq's Best New Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I first dined at Padilla's when I moved to Albq in 1989. It was my constant, my go-to place when I needed New Mex food. Doesn't matter what you order, everything is good. Even though I moved away quite a few years ago Padilla's remains my fave restaurant whenever I visit. Sometimes I dream of eating a meal there.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jeffree I
Columbus, OH
“Perfect for right off the plane.”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Met a fellow traveler at El Morro who recommended this place. It was perfect for a late lunch after my son flew in. The food was brought out hot and fast. The waitress was friendly and attentive. The sopapilla with honey was fantastic. Will return and pass along the recommendation!

1 Thank k8_thegr8_rn