“Italian Place”

Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Had an eggplant panini, very tasty. Also serves pizza, salads and a few pasta dishes. Food arrived quickly. Thirst quenching craft beers.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

If you ever want to taste real Italian pizza in New Mexico .. this is the place to head to! Being Italian we set our expectations high when we stepped in Il Vicino restaurant .. and gladly we were not disappointed. The wood oven pizzas and bufala cheese we had were simply amazing! Good selection of wines too .. try out the Chardonnay .. very very nice! Nice and kind waiter staff!

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Hello... so the FIFA World Cup ended this past Sunday. I have decided to wear my red Croatia T-shirt supporting the Croatia team since they came in 2nd place... so here I go inside Il Vicino. I was welcome by anybody.. neither the employees or the customers. People were sraring at me like I had no right to belong to their society. The employees rush me to ask for my order. It seem to me that the employees thought I was so poor I couldn't afford a "Gluten free" pizza. I felt so humiliated that I had to go seat in the patio trying to avoid those looks that pointed me as an alien. While outside no straw was given to me or offered. The lady asked very impolite if I cared for black pepper for my salad. The other waitress who added the cheese to my pizza was mad. She did not asked me to stopped her... She stopped like 3 seconds after adding the cheese. The customers kept looking at the employees suggesting why was I there. No one made me feel safe, comfortable or respected. I was so afraid to ask my waitress for olive oil that I went inside and asked the register attendant for some. It has been the worst experience ever at Il vicino. I was humiliated by all of the employees. Been outside eating a gluten free pizza... made me feel so segrated between people that for some reason thought were better than me. Abraham Lincoln was a role model for our society. We are falling very behind.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Our first visit here was a roaring sucess. We split a large Caesar salad which came to the table already plated separately, topped with lots of crusty bread tidbits, little dead fish (anchovy) filets and a nice slice of fresh Italian bread. The waiter was generous with the ground pepper, just like we like it...generous later on with mounds of grated Parmesan on our pizza.

And what a pizza, one of the best we eaten in ABQ. It was a Bianca with thinly sliced ham, Gorgonzola cheese, delicious herbs and spices, on a perfectly baked thin crust. Absolutely wonderful, tasty, juicy, hot and....you get the picture.

The interior of the place is comfortable contemporary, tables not too jammed together and very pleasantly decorated.

We plan to go back soon and hope to see you there!

Reviewed May 12, 2018

My daughter and I ate here, looking for a good pizza place as she just moved to Rio Rancho, NM. The pizza was delicious! We split the pizza and it was plenty for 2 women. It has 6 pieces to their wood oven pizza. We ate outside and it was beautiful. They have a fire outside and the area is shaded from the sun. The inside looked great too if it was too hot. We will for sure go back or get a pizza to go!