“Best wood oven grilled pizza”

Il Vicino Wood Oven Pizza
Ranked #68 of 1,791 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Gamberoni pizza with shrimp is the favorite. If you like to add spice try the spicy oil instead of crushed pepper .

There are newer reviews for Il Vicino Wood Oven Pizza

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The pizza was not exactly what I expected, better actually. It may have been undercooked as I expected a thin crspy crust but got a great light, soft crust. The problem with the location is no parking, and at 7PM on a Tursday night, no seating. I am told there other locations in Albuquerque - try them instead.

1  Thank Kirbyk
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had dual goals in going to Il Vicino: pizza for me (the pizza snob) and craft brew for the boyfriend (the beer geek). I was extremely happy; he was not. The pizza here is very good---especially the thin, crispy crusts from their wood-fired oven. Lots of selections and fair prices. The boyfriend, however, was not pleased. Other than the IPA, for which they are known, the beers do not accurately reflect the styles as they should. The IPA, though, was good. Rightly so, this place is very popular. They have a pretty efficient stand-up & order-ahead process. A table became available while we waited in line to order. Still, it's loud and cramped. FYI.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The pizza was top notch and I would return just for that. The crust was perfect and the sauce and toppings were just right. I had three beers while there. The pilsner lacked hops and was weak in body. The Dark Ale was medium bodied but lacked the malty character I expected. The IPA was excellent and well done. I felt like the beers were made for the average consumer's taste and not true to the style.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've had the great opportunity to eat the Il Vicino with friends during my recent visit to Albuquerque. We experienced great service and delicious food. We went there for dinner around 7:30pm and enjoyed the outside patio with the fireplace. I look forward to going back again on my next visit. Highly recommend Il Vicino!