“Family friendly, great for large groups”

Sadie's of New Mexico
Ranked #14 of 1,763 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kansas City
“Family friendly, great for large groups”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Best guacamole and margaritas! Guacamole not overpowered by other favors. Green chili cheeseburger, chicken enchiladas and beef brisket tacos were favorites of our large family group. Huge portions and great service. Large, light sopapillas and honey ended a great dinner. Separate checks welcome if staff is notified before ordering.

• Visited July 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“Exactly What I Expected (Which is Good)”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We went to Sadie's on a Thursday night at 7pm and as I expected we were told we would wait 30-45 minutes. As expected we were directed to the bar to wait, and as expected the waiter in the bar told us we could eat there in the bar and not wait. Which is what we did, it was loud but the people watching made the noise tolerable - My wife and I were travelling with her parents and looking for a taste of New Mexico - which we found - as expected at Sadie's. There are several large family run New Mexican style restaurants in town but I have to admit I had never tried Sadie's and to be honest there is another that was further North on 4th street that was my favorite till it closed. We decided Sadies was the next best option and truthfully it did not disappoint. I had the Posole and it was fantastic, my wife the Sopapilla Sliders, my Mother in Law had Carne Adovada combination, and my Father in Law had Enchiladas - it was a great meal and our server was very good - I would certainly eat there again - because it is safe, traditional and exactly what you would expect from this type of restaurant, which is good - really, I know this sounds vanilla but this is a good place, safe place to go if you are looking for classic New Mexican cuisine that is full of flavor. You will wait - count on it the place is never slow even mid-week later in the evening - there is a steady stream of customers looking for a meal that meets their expectations.

• Visited July 2014
Ignacio, Colorado
“Yummy!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Excellent Mexican food, hot chili and salsa. HUGE portions! So glad they have more than one location now!

Visited July 2014
Los Angeles
“Gave This a Rare Five-Star Rating. Well-Deserved!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I live in L.A. and I used to live in New Mexico, and of all the New Mexico food I still crave, it's Sadie's that most makes me want to hop a plane to ABQ. The guaco chicken taco plate is the stuff of my dreams. Great tacos, fried potatoes, awesome guac. And the whole thing smothered in green chile. Nice people, good service, great margaritas. Killer salsa. Just GO!

• Visited February 2014
Richardson, TX
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

A group of us ate at Sadie’s in Old Town on a busy Friday night and I was really looking forward to it due to recommendations from family. Overall, I think it was a disappointment. Even those in our party who had eaten here previously thought it wasn’t as good as in the past.

The salsa and chips included salsa that was so spicy hot it was almost inedible. I ordered the chicken enchiladas with green chile which had so much cheese smothering it that I couldn’t even taste the green chile. My son’s beef nachos were a big nasty mess and he wouldn’t even eat them. The sopaipillas were the highlight of the meal, hot and tasty. The décor is kitschy New Mexican, they had live music when we first arrived which was nice. They had a big enclosed outdoor patio although we didn’t take advantage of it. The service was fine. I think there are many better Mexican food options in Albuquerque.

Visited July 2014