“Not unique ....not special....average”

Sadie's of New Mexico
Ranked #17 of 1,791 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I love Mexican food, especially establishments that claim to have special menu selections. First the food at Sadie's is good. The menu has a large selection of traditional choices that will please a hungry appetite with ample portions. But in spite of the waiter trying to convince me that many of the menu choices were unique I have to admit I felt like he was ill informed on what the rest of the world had to offer.
Overview: Good place to dine for average Mexican fare
Positives: Attentive staff, large portions, good prices
Negatives: my rice was dry .... the menu was not as unique as represented

There are newer reviews for Sadie's of New Mexico

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We wanted the New Mexico green chili stacked enchilada experience, and really enjoyed our lunch at Sadie's East. The "small plate" lunch specials were very generous; I was full halfway through the plate, but couldn't put the fork down! Service was great. We arrived at the height of the lunch hour, and were immediately seated. The staff and management went out of their way to ensure my husband's gluten allergy was accommodated. We didn't realize Sadie's was adjacent to the Ramada Inn Conference Center, so new customers should be aware of this to find the restaurant easier.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I go back to when Sadie's was just a hamburger grill, then to the bowling alley, to this location. The best green chile cheeseburger in town! Try it on the french bread, the Original burger, with the home made chips. I have to say their red chile is the best! The green chile is excellent as well. Portions are out of control, my wife and I are know to split a plate. Salas and chips exceptional. With their full bar you can not go wrong here.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Sadies is a local legend and deserves the recognition. The food is very tasty and those who love Mexican food -- hot Mexican food -- will love it. The location at Academy and San Mateo offers a lot of atmosphere along with the good food. We have not been to the other locations for some time. You should prepare yourself for quite hot chile if you go here. It is a little too hot for my aging stomach, but I often just take along some Tums and go anyway. It's really nice.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I took my wife & daughter here this past week and the food was generous!! Chips & salsa are made in-house and the service was great too! Pleasant atmosphere with a wonderful wait-staff...!