“A break from Mexican void in Old Town”
Review of La Crepe Michel

La Crepe Michel
Ranked #42 of 1,781 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Walnut Cove, North Carolina
“A break from Mexican void in Old Town”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Having had about all the Mexican food we could handle, we were delighted to stumble onto this tucked away little gem in Old Town. I really enjoy small, quaint little restaurants and thus fits the bill. The service made us feel as if we were in a far more expensive restaurant. The dress is casual. The prices were amazingly low; I gad the crepe Bouef Bourginnon which was a nice portion and very good for about eleven dollars. A side salad was a mere $3.50. We do not drink! but the waiters seemed very wine knowledgable, based on conversation around us. I did not find the food exceptional, but it was certainly very good and the quiet charm of the place compensated.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Donna C

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Don't walk, run....”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

...to this little hidden gem in Albuquerque's Old Town, tucked away down a lane. Perfectly-cooked meal last night: chicken crepe preceded by absolutely sublime cream of asparagus soup. If they happen to have this soup on offer when you go, don't miss it. Other personal faves from many previous visits: endive salad (you can get a half-portion of this as a single appetizer) and the spinach crepe. I rarely have room for dessert, but in the past have swooned over the creme brulee and chestnut charlotte. Ummmmmm. [Outdoor seating is really only a few tables...like two or three.]

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Linda M
Georgetown, Texas
“Treat for Father's Day”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We chose this fun, tucked away restaurant to celebrate FD and it was a good choice. The seafood crepes and ratatouille were wonderful entrees. The vanilla custard which resembled flan was excellent. Only criticism is the chardonnay was ordinary. The English beer was a good choice for my beer drinker. We highly recommend this fun dining event.

• Visited June 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A little out of the Way but NOT to be missed!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you are feeling like real French cooking, make sure you indulge your appetite at Le Crepe Michel! Welcoming staff, perfectly prepared food in a not-too-dressed up atmosphere so casual is fine (and welcomed!) Not too pricey for a nice serving of food. I had soup and salad, my companion indulged in a savory crepe. We couldn't decide on dessert so I had a Crepe Helene and my companion had a caramel custard. Of course we shared - each expertly prepared.

It was my companion's 80th birthday celebration and she was delighted that the staff was not only attentive, but brought her caramel dessert with a birthday candle! It made her day.

I have dined here several times and always have a great experience. I like that it's not pretentious, uptight French dining and absolutely as good as food I have experienced in out of the way bistros in either of my trips to Paris, France.

Indoor and outdoor seating (although outdoor is limited to just a couple of tables but perfect for a summer evening). A tree grows up through one of the indoor dining areas in the back (has a greenhouse feel) and the front dining room is a little more formal.

Try it - enjoy it - you won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank sunflowermary
Geneva, Switzerland
“Simply excellent”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I have been twice at La Crepe Michel in the last several weeks. I have to say that as an Italian abroad I am a bit tired of spicy Southwestern cuisine and that I am very happy that a friend suggested this place.
Food was just excellent, without American adaptations (sorry, this is what I like)! Flavors were like I expected from a real French restaurant. Service super friendly !
Merci!