“Wonderful and charming”

Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

After being on the road for a while, it's nice to find a change in cuisine. This place is located in an alley in old town, it's very cute. It had a very European feel to it, the coffee is served in small cups but it's strong. I got the spinach crepes with steamed vegetables which was excellent. My fiancé got the smoked salmon crepe which he loved. Our waitress was super sweet and attentive. I would definitely come back.

1  Thank Goda S
There are newer reviews for La Crepe Michel

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This restaurant has been in business for over 40 years. The reason is that it provides consistently delicious French bistro fare at reasonable prices. The mussels are the most consistent and some of the most delicious I have had anywhere. They are typically New Zealand or sometime Prince Edward Island (if you are lucky.) Steak Frite is with and excellent rib-eye. I only wish the fries were the double cooked variety, but I pick nits at this point. The setting is diminutive and hidden on an alley in Old Town. Definitely seek this place out and make sure you have a reservation, especially on a Friday, Saturday or Holiday (Balloon fiesta counts too!)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was very much a European style restaurant but with the fast service and unbelievably low prices found in America. The crepes were delicious - my husband had Crêpe au Boeuf Bourguignon follwed by Crêpe Poire Belle-Helene (crepe containing pear and icecream with chocolate and creme chantilly) I had Crêpe au Saumon et Asperges followed Sorbet Framboise.

We drank San Pelegrino Limonade which was 'avec gaz' but not too sweet.

The restaurant was a little difficult to find - even though it is listed at the entrance to the alley way where it is situated, the notice is not very noticable.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We enjoyed dinner at La Crepe Michel on a Saturday night based on the high rating on TA. Note that they are only open for lunch 11:30AM-2PM and dinner from 6-9PM and reservarions are suggested as the seating is limited. The property is set back off the street in a plaza and their sign is very small - we walked past it twice. Parking is on the street or in fee based public lots.
We ordered the French Onion Soup which was served in a crock so hot we could not taste it for over 5 minutes. Our entrees of vegetable crepes and seafood crepes were very good - the crepes were nice and thin.
There is a long list of deserts available, half of which are crepes. We chose the triple cream (Chantilly, sour cream, cream cheese) crepe and the Chocolate Mousse. They were reasonably priced at $5 and both were wonderful and recommended.
We were conflicted regarding the service. The server had good knowledge of the menu and steered us away from several desert selections. But he failed to check with us on the quality of the food and we had to request that the bread be brought to the table and our coffee cups needed refilling.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

If this is one of the best restaurants in Albuquerque I am glad I don't live here. It is okay but surely no better than average food service and cost.