“Awesome French cuisine”

Neighborhood: West Old Town
Clayton, NC
“Awesome French cuisine”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We took my Father here for his 89th birthday. Very quaint place. The servers were friendly and we didn't have to wait too long for our food. I had trout with almonds. Delicious. Others in our party had crepes with an assortment of fillings. Smoked salmon, baked salmon, and sea scallops. All delicious. Dad had a lemonade, a can of San Pellegrino from Italy. A very favorable experience overall.

• Visited July 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seriously French”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Lovely spot, hidden away in Old Town. Local love it as much as tourists do. Great food, lovely ambience.

Visited July 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Oh la la - so happy to have you Downtown”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Small, intimate, personal and delicious in the extreme. So happy to have them now in our neighborhood - an epicurean treat from a pair that seem like family friends. Welcome back.

Visited July 2013
Pleasant Hill, California
“Great French Food in Old Town”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had lunch here on a Sunday afternoon. The restaurant is located at the very end of a small courtyard in Old Town so unless you are actively looking for it, it is unlikely that you would just stumble upon this hidden jewel. The restaurant is closed from 2 until 6 but luckily we arrived about 1:45 and were promptly seated and served.

This is one of those rare restaurants that you can actually get high quality food at bargain prices. I had the Croque Monsieur (a personal favorite of mine) which included a sizeable and delicious salad - all for an unbelievable $6.95!! Yikes I'm accustomed to paying almost twice that much elsewhere and often with a skimpy excuse for a salad. My partner had a crêpe (I can’t recall what type) but he commented that it was quite tasty and filling. Both our cold non-alcoholic beverages were less than $2.

Even though we were there past the 2 pm closing time our waitress never made us feel unwelcome and was very polite and pleasant throughout our meal.

If I lived in Albuquerque I am certain that I would go here frequently and want to try out their dinner menu as well. Unfortunately home is 1000 miles away so I’ll have to wait until a future trip to come here again. As others have commented if you want French food while in Albuquerque this is indeed the place to go.

• Visited June 2013
Laredo
“Hidden little gem”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Went for crepes but menu and specials were too hard to pass up. Mom had the almond crusted trout, I had the New Zealand green lipped mussel in a cream sauce and my husband the bechamel creme ham and cheese grilled sandwich. The sample dessert plate was to die for. Don't pass this place up.

• Visited June 2013