“French Gem Worth Finding”
Review of La Crepe Michel

La Crepe Michel
Ranked #47 of 1,781 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Sedona, Arizona
“French Gem Worth Finding”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were in the old town area of Albuquerque for the first time ever searching for a decent place to eat before we caught our train to LA. To our surprise and delight we came upon La Crepe Michel off one of the side streets of 'Old Town.' We honestly couldn't believe our eyes seeing a fine french restaurant in the heart of Mexican food country. Well, personally, I hate Mexican food that lays on your stomach like a rock, so was pleased to find something I could enjoy eating. La Crepe Michel has a modestly appointed decor, nothing fancy, but interesting with a glass ceiling to look up and see the sky. The service and food was beyond excellent and we felt very happy to be dining there. You must try their homemade soup ~ to die for. There were many delicacies on the menu to choose from and everything we ordered was delicious and attractively presented. The only bad thing we encountered was a heating unit in the dining area in which were seated gone haywire. It emitted a very irritating noise the entire time. The food and service made up for the screeching sounds which hopefully have been fixed by now...

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank WorldSprinter18

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great food, slow service”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I highly recommend the food at La Crepe Michel as long as you're not in a hurry. Try the mussels or the assiette paysanne - both were delicious but slow in coming. We ordered aperitifs to be served before the meal but they arrived with the food. If the service improved, I'd happily improve my rating of La Crepe Michel to "very good".

• Visited March 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Best French food in Albuquerque!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a quaint little restaurant nestled away in old town. No frills, but lots of character. Food was excellent. If you want French food in Albuquerque, this is your place.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A bit of the French Riviera in Old Town”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Portions of Old Town require you to hoof it and La Crepe Michel is worth the few dozen feet to get to its little corner. A delicious menu and patio dining! A+

Visited August 2012
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Albuquerque. Delicious, authentic french food tucked away in a charming little old adobe in Old Town. I've been going there for over 20 years - for special occasions and when visiting Old Town with out-of-town friends. The french onion soup is yummy. The fresh-baked bread is crusty and so tasty. (Try the Martinelli's sparkling apple cider). I love the smoked salmon crepe with fresh grated green apples and it's side salad dressed with delicious mustard vinaigrette. Also the mussels are very good. The quiches are always delicious although I miss the crust. BEST of all, treat yourself to my favorite dessert ANYWHERE: their three-cream crepe! Sinfully delicious cream filling with a delectable touch of lemon zest. Yum yum yum!

IMPORTANT: If you go for dinner, get one of the specials posted on the chalkboard. I've seldom been disappointed over the years, but on those rare occasions it has always been when I've ordered off the menu for dinner rather than selecting one of the dinner specials.

• Visited February 2013