“Instant nirvana”

Neighborhood: West Old Town
Upstate NY
“Instant nirvana”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My son and I had lunch at La Crepe Michel recently. The service was excellent, as was the food. We started with escargot, which my son had never tried. He is now a convert to those garlicky treats. My quiche lorraine was exquisite - fluffy and chock full of ham. But the dessert crepes are to die for! Try the crepe au chocolat - instant nirvana!

• Visited November 2012

Frankfort, Illinois
“Have To Go Back Year After Year!!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

For the last eight years or so; each year while we are in Albuquerque for the AIBF we plan to have dinner at La Crepe Michel. If possible we make it our last dinner in town. It is a highlight for us. The restaurant is in a hard to find cul-de-sac of old town Albuquerque. It is small and is quaint in appearance. Typically the restaurant is crowded so reservations are very helpful.
The staff is polite, welcoming, and very attentive. Our server and other staff members were at our table frequently to replenish bread and refill water glasses. Throughout our dinner they returned to check up on how our evening was progressing. They allowed us to have a leisurely and relaxed dining experience; no rush.
The food was excellent both in taste and presentation. My spouse and I both started with one of our favorite appetizers; escargot. It was delicious. My spouse had the trout feature and I had roast duck breast. They were prepared superbly and tasted wonderful. Unlike many French restaurants our entree portions were quite sufficient. Typically we do not have desert but we had to have one on the offered dessert crepes. We chose the Crêpe a la Banane et Miel, a crepe made with honey and banana, to share along with coffee and a cappuccino.
It was another great meal for us and we will be back next year.

• Visited October 2012
Chelsea, Michigan
“A little bit of France in New Mexico”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We've walked by this restaurant before but never stopped. Finally we had dinner there and it was worth the wait. The interior of the restaurant makes you feel like you're in France. (We know, we lived there for 3 years.) The menu was also very French which made it very hard to decide what to try. I had the assiette paysanne which is a sampler platter of cheese, pâté and salad. It was to die for. The only thing that wasn't as good as we remember from France was the bread. It was a bit dry and really needed the butter provided. My husband had a half order of the pate plate which turned out to be very generous and a pork Dijon crepe. Both were very good. We also had a bottle of rose wine which was perfectly dry without a hint of strawberries which you usually get with local roses. We would have had dessert but were too stuffed to even think about it.
Be sure to make reservations if you want a table. It's a small restaurant so it fills up fast. The wait staff were all attentive and polite. Nothing like true Parisiennes. We'll be back.

Minnesota
“Terrific to find French cuisine in New Mexico”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It could take a bit of searching to find the Crepe Michel. It was tucked in the end of a cul-de-sac walk way in Old Town. We first stumbled upon it on a Monday and found it closed so the four of us returned the next day. We were all looking forward to eating there but three of us thought the food good but not great- hence not giving it the excellent rating. The menu made it fun to deal with French. We were there for lunch so I cannot comment on the evening meals. Each of us had something different with a Croque Madame, a savory crepe, a baguette sandwich with salmon, and a quiche. We were not disappointed with the food but somehow we were expecting something really great. In addition the servers could not answer a couple of questions about the menu items which surprised me. They had to be rookies. Service was also a bit slow and the place was hardly packed. Overall we enjoyed our time there with good food and pleasant surroundings. One might say it was also good to have something where no one asked if we wanted red or green for a change.

• Visited September 2012
ABQ,NM
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What went wrong? In my opinion nearly everything. The service was so-so. I am not imposing on you by wanting service! The food was uninspired and not presented well. Warm food on cool plates is not a good presentation for anything. It seemed that what we wanted- good food served hot and with a smile- wasn't on the menu.

Visited August 2012