“Pretentious mediocrity”

Antiquity Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 1,766 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Maryland
“Pretentious mediocrity”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

This is one time earlier reviews let us down. This is a mediocre restaurant, with some good food items mixed in with the poor. The real problem was the terrible service. The server asked how the food was and we told him the truth. From then on he was very defensive (after next course, "Is my cooking better?"). But the real problem was the head waiter (manager? owner?), who basically yelled at us for thinking the potatoes were spiced Hungry Jack (that's what they tasted like) and, after we told him we didn't want a refund, acted uninterested in our opinions and left.
STAY AWAY!!!

3 Thank chazzq

• Korean first
Albuquerque
“Not worth the price...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

I would definitely NOT waste my money here. After we had "dinner" here we ended up going to Chili's instead - better food and better service. I'd save a little money and go somewhere better.

3 Thank jw2222
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My favorite romantic place in town. I've always had great experiences there.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

My favorite romantic place in town. I've always had great experiences there.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
abq
“Some of the best tasting food in Albuquerque”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2009

Have been to Antiquity twice, with friends and family. And it's definitely my favorite restaurant in Albuquerque for fine dining. The food was cooked perfectly and the taste was amazing. The staff was really attentive both times and it was just an enjoyable experience. The prices are high since its fine dining, but compared to all the other fine dining restaurants we've tried in the Albuquerque area, Antiquity is by far our favorite and worth the money.

2 Thank delicious_vagabond
New Mexico
“Overpriced...go somewhere with better food at a better price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

Went there for my 1 year anniversary with my husband. The building is amazing, but very dark. We were put in a back corner and felt a little claustrophobic. The service was great, very attentive waiter. We went there thinking we would "live it up" on our 1 year anniversary by going to this really expensive restaurant to have a great meal. However, all we got was the "really expensive" part. The meal was only so-so, the prices were out of this world for what you got, and I've been to many better restaurants in Albuquerque.

We ended out 1 year anniversary dinner deciding we wouldn't go back there again. If you want to just spend a lot of money to impress someone (date, client, etc.), then go here. I'd say to have a great experience on a special occasion, try La Provence or Zinc.

6 Thank KathrynNewMexico