“Wonderful restaurant”

Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Where do I start?

First, the restaurant is in a VERY historic part of town: Old Town. The restaurant is very elegant in a rustic way, and great for romance.

The steaks are some of the best I've tasted, right up there with my Texas standard of Bohanan's. Very well seasoned, with good bread. I recommend the filet wrapped in bacon. They also have very good after dinner coffee.

The staff and chef were all very nice and affable. I like the manager a lot.

If you come to Albuquerque, you need to eat here.

2 Thank jameygamer

• Korean first
Austin, Texas
“nice, pricey place for a special occasion”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We selected Antiquity as the place to take my spouse's 96-year-old mother for her birthday, largely based on TripAdvisor reviews.
The restaurant was hard to find (in the middle of a block and with small signage), and parking was problematic (no parking on the street, with public parking a block or so away). There really wasn't a good pullout along the small street (in the "old town" historic/shopping district) to stop and let our elderly birthday girl out, so we ended up just forcing a couple of cars to be patient as we stopped in the street and helped her out of the car.
When we first walked into the restaurant, I was concerned because it was pretty hot--chefs were cooking on open grills in this front area. When we got beyond that to our table, the temperature was much more comfortable.
There were a couple of steps to navigate up to the tables, which were artfully arranged in small booths that provided a sense of separation and space in an otherwise small room. Lighting, artwork, everything was tastefully done in a kind of rustic, eclectic chic, giving the impression of a place that had been there for a long time (hence the name, I suppose).
The food and wine were very good, from appetizers like the french onion soup to the various entrees and specials that we had. Birthday girl said her spicy shrimp was indeed spicy, so consider yourself warned.
The best part, though, might have been the service, which was excellent! Prompt and attentive without being overbearing, friendly and patient with our older guest, and our main waiter shared a touching family story with us, plus, he brought a chocolate mousse and a candle for the birthday girl. (Thumbs up on the mousse.)
All in all, it was a very pleasant evening and did feel like a special occasion.
It wouldn't be the right restaurant for small children, though. They are open nightly 5-9pm. Call (505) 247-3545 for reservations.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank pseudonym
New York City, New York
“very good food and welcoming wait staff”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

were in Albuquerque for only 24 hours, but the staff at the hotel told me Old Town had some nice restaurants. Just happened into this place by chance - very nice appearance, welcoming staff and good service, very good food! Next time in town, this is the place to have dinner.

San Clemente, California
“Antiquity - 'Age doth not wither nor custom stale'!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I never dine here without thinking of Antony's famous words!

This was yet another wonderful dining experience. I dined there last week with three friends. I had the Gaspacho and the Scallops and Key Lime Pie, My friends had the New York steak, Shrimp and Tenderloin Brochette, and Veal Parmigiana with pappardelle, and the Polyczenta. Everything was superb as was the service. I love the black tablecloths and the dark quietness. We had two bottles of wine and a few individual glasses, and the total, with tip, came out to $300. Not bad for a gourmet dinner for four!!!!

I can't wait to take my grand daughters here (ages 8 and 12). They have a great appreciation for fine dining, are perfectly behaved in such a setting - and I suspect that our bill would probably be less than taking them to their favorite sushi bar!! That said, however, it's certainly NOT the place to take children unaccustomed to such places.

Our entire evening was absolute perfection. I make very good gaspacho, but theirs blows mine out of the water. If only I could get that recipe............ Their Key Lime Pie is VERY GOOD, and the Polyczenta just has to be tried.

Be sure to make reservations and do try out the wonderful little sequestered alcoves.

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Perfect for a special occasion!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We celebrated our 40th anniversary at this quaint restaurant in Albuquerque's Old Town. It had been a number of years since we last dined here and we asked ourselves "why"?? The meal was absolute perfection! Although, there were other diners close by, the private-feeling alcoves for two and the special attention of the wait staff make you feel you are dining alone in a private romantic setting. Our entrees of Tenderloin and Chicken Madagascar were excellent in every way, from the perfection in presentation to the mouth-watering blend of flavors in the sauces. We were even able to order a half bottle of one of our favorite wines. The desserts, Chocolate Mousse and Housemade Key Lime Pie, were served with little candles and were the perfect touch to end our special celebration. This restaurant is defintitely at the top of Albuquerque's options for fine dining.