“New location is great”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Sadie's newest location is convenient and nicely done. The food is standard Sadie's fare with super hot salsa and large portions. I would like to see our local brewery products available to complement the meal. I appreciate that the management checks in with the partrons.

1  Thank Z06Traveler

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have eaten at both Sadie's on Eubank and Sadie's on Academy. The food is consistently good. I like the rellenos, green chili, sopas and shredded beef taco. The servings are plentiful and one never goes away hungry. We have had excellent waitresses at both locations, when seated in the bar. Nancy at the Eubank location always remembers the way I like my margarita; even when I haven't been in for awhile. For ambiance the academy location is better. The old building on Eubank is dated. This is where we take our out of town guests for a real taste of New Mexican food. However, if your company is from the midwest the salsa will probably be too hot for them.

1  Thank JAC707
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We were looking for authentic southwestern food and this is more like Tex-Mex. The food was good, but pretty much everything is either fried or covered in cheese. I know this sounds like a complaint, but it is more of a reflection of what we were told vs the food on the menu. Had it not been 8 PM and we were not starving, we would have gone elsewhere.

With that said, the tex-mex food we ate was very good, but kind of difficult to sleep on such a heavy meal at 9PM

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a large group 30+ and had called ahead of time. They had adequate staff, they took orders & brought the food out fairly quickly. Everyone enjoyed their meals. It is very reasonably priced and quantity is good.

1  Thank J M
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was the first time we had eaten at one of the Sadie's restaurants. They feature New Mexican food. The salsa brought to the table was a little spicy for me so the waiter offered to bring sour cream to be mixed in with it--the flavor was still there and tasted better. The tacos are the best we have ever had. They grill them in a pan so they are crisp but not fried and are homemade. The filling I ordered was shredded chicken and it was delicious. The refried beans are not smashed but are whole beans mixed with onions and cheese--really good. Never thought I would rave about beans! Our waiter was great and the restaurant was very clean. The lunch specials were huge and ranged in price from $6.99-8.99. Definitely will return when in the area.

1  Thank MarthaIllinois