“Well worth a visit”

Holocaust & Intolerance Museum of New Mexico
Ranked #56 of 224 things to do in Albuquerque
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This museum was on my list of must see items while in Albuquerque and upon arriving I didn't expect much since it looks like a storefront on the outside but the museum was extremely well done and very moving. Although small in size I must have spent two hours taking in every photograph, every exhibit, every informational sign and I am a better person for having visited.

2  Thank AllisonL65
There are newer reviews for Holocaust & Intolerance Museum of New Mexico

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

For such a tiny building you could spend hours there. Very nicely set up for individuals privacy while reading the impacting information. A must see for anybody. Very important message.

1  Thank Bettina S
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Thanks to Trip Adviser we hunted out this place and I can only say it's somewhere everybody should visit and take their children along too ! It doesn't take long for the tears to fill your eyes as u rediscover the horrors of what we have bestowed upon our fellow country folk ! Hatred and evil is something that can become fuel ignited so very quickly !
That little place is packed with so much information it takes your breath away ! Please make time to go !

2  Thank Margaret R
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stumbled upon this on my walk down Central Avenue, and it was a most unusual spot for this type of museum. Once inside I spent hours reading the material on the walls, watching the videos and gained some insight as to intolerance around the world. Having been to one of Poland's lesser known concentration camps, it brought back memories of my visit there, and as always, I searched for names from my family and friends that I knew had been from countries that were affected. I had only recently been in the local library and heard a young student ask for a book about Anne Frank, and she was told there was a waiting list for it - so I know the future generations are still wanting to know what happened and why, and can only hope that they will visit this museum in their futures. It was a worthwhile stop in my journey here, and I enjoyed speaking to the informative volunteers as well.

1  Thank Helen W
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We did not want to leave Albuquerque without visiting this museum. We have visited many Holocaust Museums in the US and abroad. This small museum is very informative in many different aspects of genocide and oppression and conveys it in a user-friendly format. The volunteers were friendly and helpful.