“Great outfit!”
Review of The BikeSmith

The BikeSmith
More attraction details
Owner description: The BikeSmith is a family owned bicycle rental, retail, and repair business located in the heart of Albuquerque near Old Town and Downtown, with easy access to the world famous Paseo del Bosque trail.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The BikeSmith came highly recommended online and they didn't disappoint. Very pleasant, knowledgeable, experienced, accommodating, you name it. We called ahead and they had some nice bikes picked out.........locks, helmets, etc. included as well as a self-flat-fixing system in the tires (seems like a great technology but fortunately we didn't need to field test it). A nice service they provided us was pickup of the bikes from our B&B in Los Ranchos so we didn't have to take time returning them on our way out of town.....I wonder if they'd consider delivering bikes to a B&B at the beginning of a stay as well, so one could get out early on one's first day (they don't open till 9:30). Even if I weren't an earlybird I'd consider getting up early to bike in ABQ because it gets HOT in the summer(!).....this is a great business, highly recommended!

1  Thank Roy-Tto

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My two daughters came to visit Albuquerque and the guys here at the Bike Smith accommodated them front head to toe. The bike trail is connected right next to the shop, so it is perfect. We went on a 25 mile bike ride along the Rio Grande and North Diversion bike trails. We did not ride on one road! Excellent day!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I recently rented a bike from the Bike Smith while on a weekend trip to Albuquerque. The shop is very convenient to the Hotel Albuquerque and the river trail. I went on an approximate 45 mile ride and rented a good bike for 24 hours with everything I needed. The two guys at the shop couldn't have been more friendly or helpful - and they knew the area well and the best routes to take. Great to do business with shop owners that are so enthusiastic about what they do. I'll be back.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I rented a sunbreezer mtb from the Bike Smith. It was fabulous! That bike made my ride so enjoyable. Plus it was equipped with everything I needed in case I got a flat. I will definitely rent it again. The customer service there is excellent. I highly recommend.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I picked them because they were advertised in the hotel guide, and I'm glad they did. They got me on a bike, gave me safety & emergency repair instruction, and helped me map out my ride in 10 minutes. Rode for 3 hours along Rio Grande trails and had fun and a good sweat. Couldn't be easier or more pleasant.

Been to The BikeSmith? Share your experiences!