“Fast, Friendly, and Fabulous!!!!”

Anatolia Doner Kabab House
Ranked #258 of 1,791 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Now, I live 60 miles away from Albuquerque, so about the only time I go is to drop someone off at the airport. However, I can't wait because when I'm done dropping them off I head for the Anatolia Doner Kebab House. I Love the food the most. I Love the cook next. Why? Because, I've been learning Turkish on the internet for at least 6 months, maybe longer and Mehmet, the cook and the owner, actually speaks Turkish and he is never too busy to listen to my attempts and reply with the response I am expecting. If you are in down town Albuquerque I recommend this highly. If you need or want wine or beer with your lunch you are sorry out of luck for the present. I understand from Mehmet that they are planning a move in mid
September and the new place - near by - bill be able to serve spirits. For now, enjoy the great food!!!!

1  Thank DrWJH3
There are newer reviews for Anatolia Doner Kabab House

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Growing up, we lived down the street from a Turkish family. I ate there all the time, and I have missed it. I can't believe I found Anatolia right here in Albuquerque. It's just like I remember (but it's better - don't tell my lifelong friends). Now I've been once a week for a few weeks- I don't see that routine changing anytime soon. I love the spicy beef and the felafel sandwich best, even if felafel isn't really Turkish. For less than $10 I eat all I want and take food home for later too. Huge portions. My favorite thing they do isn't a Turkish thing at all though- they put a fresh-roasted green chile on the side of some of the dishes. It's a Burque twist, and I love it. Family run place with real pride. Love it!

1  Thank K B
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We ate here on the recommendation from a friend. The food is similar to Greek but with a different twist. It reminded me of food we had during our visit to Turkey. The lunch specials are generous and we were hard pressed to finish the meal. The staff was friendly and attentive.

1  Thank Z06Traveler
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I traveled to Turkey at the end of March and met a friend here to tell her about my trip. I was delighted to see many menu items similar to the food I had in Turkey. Both of us liked our orders and the service was friendly and fast. The owner came to the table to chat with us and ask if everything was good. We appreciated the small bites of bavlaka that was complimentary at the end of the meal - so rich and so good! We had a bit of trouble finding the restaurant as the address is Central, but the front door is actually on 6th! Now we know for a return visit.

1  Thank Winger07
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I was in desperate want of falafel and beef, but I choose the vegetarian plate to get falafel and hummus. It was all good food, but not quite what I really wanted. First it was a plate, with four small cut pieces of pita instead of one large piece, so I could not make a wrap. Three pieces of falafel, hummus, baba ganoush, one dolma, lettuce, tomato, and TOO MUCH rice. I've been to the Middle East, so I was expecting pita with overflow of falafel, not rice. But it was all very flavorful. The attendant was very attending, and the price was good for the amount of food. I did walk out stuffed! I just wish it wasn't due to the rice.

2  Thank LibrarianTraveller