“Should be on Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares”
Review of Villa di Capo

Villa di Capo
Ranked #307 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Raynolds Addition
Neighborhood: Raynolds Addition
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Should be on Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I would have given this place a negative review if I could. While the waiter was nice and tried hard, his body odor was so foul that we had to hold our breath every time he came to the table. The salad had greasy croutons and wilted lettuce, one half of a grape tomato, and one slice of cucumber. Fancy. It cost extra to split a meal, unless you bought a second, terrible salad. When the meal finally came, the meat was tough and dry, and the meals were bland and inedible. When we politely told the waiter we were sending back the food and leaving, his manager/hostess said some not-so-nice things, followed by, "I don't give a ****, they can eat at McDonald's." Run, do not walk, to a different place to eat!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Lesley J

Espanola, New Mexico
“Best Italian in Albuquerque!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My family has enjoyed Villa di Capo's since before my 27 year old child was born! When my wife was pregnant with him, she went here with some girlfriends to celebrate. Needless to say our child grew up loving the primo Italian food one gets served here. The entire Vignalia family goes out of their way to make a customer feel special and the food is excellent! My personal favorite is the Bona Mangata!!!! I would suggest anyone wanting the 'real deal' should run, not walk, to Villa di Capo's for food and service that is the best.

• Visited April 2012
San Diego, California
“Not impressed with quality of food; didn't feel fresh. Location looks outdated”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I had the eggplant parmigiana and it was dense and needed flavor.

Visited May 2012
“Good food”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I walked across the street from my hotel to this restaurant my first night in Albuquerque. I was by myself, but that wasn't a problem. The food was good, and the prices reasonable considering the restaurant was obviously a nicer place.

Visited March 2012
Indiana
“Stay Away”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Restaurant is physically fine. The employees were friendly.

The food was horrible:
Artichoke hearts--not just hearts, lots of leaf in them, really chewy, not good at all.
Meatballs I could throw through the window they were so hard, and tasteless.
Breaded eggplant, tasteless and drab.

Nothing tasted good, I would not go back and urge you to avoid the place.

• Visited February 2012